NO apps showing on the app list after i changed memory card

chunky2055

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Today I changed my old 8gb micro sd card with a new class 10 16gb card on my Lumia820.
Before changing the card i shifted all important applications to phone memory. But after the restart i just found out that none of the installed apps are visible on the app list (right swipe to home screen). All the apps pinned on the home screen are working fine but not visible on the list.

What could be the issue?? Please help.
thanks

chunky2055

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't wanna factory reset because my internet connection is down for nxt 2 weeks and I wont be able to reinstall apps again.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If i understand correct than with the old SD cart you have no problems but with the new SD card you have the "blank" app list.
Then I guess you also figured out it is a problem with the new card.
What brand is it. Can you change it?

chunky2055

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if new card has a problem. Its a Samsung UHS-I class 10 card.
Card seems to be working fine with all other data. I installed apps on it and they worked fine too. Its just when I use it, I get blank app list.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So.....the new card has no problem only when you use it it shows a blank app list? Is that not your problem.??

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's your solution... Try a another new SD Card. That way you can rule out your first new card. Then if it still happens, the next step is to insert the old card, back up all data, then reset the device... Then insert the new card and restore every thing.

chunky2055

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried other card and list was still blank. :\
Used that new card on my brothers 520 and it was running fine with app list showing all his apps.
Seems it is a software issue with my phone.
Now only hope is factory reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes