Who else is thinking of leaving Windows Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Over the past few months I have been thinking that it might be time to give another mobile platform a go. With all of the issues and delays in rolling out updated firmware and OS updates, Microsoft developing apps and services for iOS and Android first, app developers and business not supporting WP I am nearly at the point of giving up.

I love the MS ecosystem and the WP OS, I have been using it since first release in 2010 and used windows mobile handsets prior to this however enough is enough.

I don't think that there is that much of an app gap as most of the apps I use are available on WP however the problem is that the apps are hardly ever, if ever, updated and are many versions behind when compared to apps on iOS and Android, just look at the iMDB or Instagram apps as examples.

I will be holding off until MS provide some info on WP10 and what it will bring to the table however it they don't find a way to get businesses and developers on board with apps, carriers on board with updates and retail sales and if they don't have a roadmap for releasing high end handsets, im will be done and will be switching to an iPhone.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
No platform is perfect (I happen to own one device of each, even BlackBerry), they all have prons and cons, there's so many threads already talking about the exact same thing. My advice to you is, if you aren't happy with a Windows Phone (even if in my case it's my daily driver), you should go with Android. Apple's iOS 8 is not as stable as iOS used to be, the app crash ratio is very high compared to older versions of the OS. On WP you also have a certain freedom (like having access to your files, very handy for work) that it's simply not available on iOS. I remember, at some point I got an excel file on a FB group chat for a project and opening the file from there was a nightmare (had to send myself emails and so on, with a iPhone5), it with Android it was a click and choose the app I want to open with. Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a great product for the average user (the source of it's success) but for work and corporate, unless you only email, it's not.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree with you buddy. The app gap and app quality is really frustrating. Even MS release their apps on other OS than on WP. I also feel that they delay their OS update and there is no concrete date for the same. For example WhatsApp has not released update for last 2 months and compared to android its pathetic on WP. Instagram is still in beta even after 1 year of release. Now seriously thinking to switching to android for good but my love for WP is holding me back and also the build quality of Nokia phones (I have 920). Lets see what WP 10 holds for us and then will decide further course of action.

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope, i'm staying with OS.
One day i'll confidently say to my grandson 😁 "Look i'm one of them who tested betas and your fav Win OS" 😎
Happy with my L630,& L1020.(waiting for 1030)

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
been counting down the days I don't want to take a chance on another phone that updates bypass like my 1020. Yes no platform is perfect but when you see update after update rolled out for apps on here that oh wait you want a update for and it doesn't happen sorry that is wrong. Since I don't want to lose my unlimited data I have to wait till September but I am counting down the days

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have Win 10 on my laptop I know it is beta but when it dies it is done, I will run the desktop into the ground with 8.1 which isn't bad then replace with a iMac or just get a stand for my MacBook Pro and skip a desktop. I can't wait to get my iPhone 6 plus in Sep

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm doing. I was tempted so hard to get something with Android L after I saw how much more clean it looks, but I've decided to hold out till I see windows 10 (mobile). If it looks more mature, earns developer's appreciation quicker, catches up with the last few features it lacks (maybe adding something totally new to any OS too), and gives users a little more freedom with background tasks ect. (somewhere between iOS and Android) then I see no reason to switch. A lot to live up to but I have faith in Microsoft.

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have Win 10 on my laptop I know it is beta but when it dies it is done, I will run the desktop into the ground with 8.1 which isn't bad then replace with a iMac or just get a stand for my MacBook Pro and skip a desktop. I can't wait to get my iPhone 6 plus in Sep

The iMac and iPhone will suit your basic needs, now this being said, you should buy the 6+ now, it will be obsolete in September. Plus you can find a 16 GB for around 700$.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'll be sticking with WP. I don't use all of the social media apps, but definitely use my phone as a productivity device, calling, email, text, documents, Skype, web x, etc......
I've list one daughter to spoke because of the poor app updates and/or lack of apps (snap chat). The other is thinking about it, but she wants to wait and see if the apps show up this year and if the platform takes off with WP10.

Nahuel 1988

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll be sticking with WP. I don't use all of the social media apps, but definitely use my phone as a productivity device, calling, email, text, documents, Skype, web x, etc......
I've list one daughter to spoke because of the poor app updates and/or lack of apps (snap chat). The other is thinking about it, but she wants to wait and see if the apps show up this year and if the platform takes off with WP10.

Using my Lumia for work also! Does a great job.

Immotab

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree. I'm one of the early adopters of WP and have acquired the latest WP upon releases. I've dealt with people heckling, app shortfalls & general lack of love. But am seriously considering going to Android. Not only does the whole world cater for IOS and Android, MS doesn't seem to give a hoot. Updates are slow, half the features are missing & basic app gap. Such a shame because I really wanted to stay with WP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes