EZCast registration - SSID?

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have brought an EZCast dongle. Trying to download the software and it needs me to register first. Then it asks for email and SSID. What does the SSID refer to?
And, what is the best app to use or is it better to download the "phone" software from the EZCast website? ( But it does ask the same SSID question??????)

FYI I have a 1520 with 8.1 ( phone) and laptop also running 8.1

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
service set identifier (SSID) and that is the "name" that your router broadcast's. (the wifi network name)
I would first go with the company software.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I presume your phone is connected to your home wifi.
If so than the SSID is the name of the network your connected to.

So go on your phone to SETTINGS > WiFi > and check the network you connected to = SSID

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have brought an EZCast dongle. Trying to download the software and it needs me to register first. Then it asks for email and SSID. What does the SSID refer to?
And, what is the best app to use or is it better to download the "phone" software from the EZCast website? ( But it does ask the same SSID question??????)

FYI I have a 1520 with 8.1 ( phone) and laptop also running 8.1

I bought the same dongle. I just Instslled the app for my phone and doesnt't need an SSID.
For your laptop you dont need the app you can normaly connect to the dongle once you set the options with your phone. Better download the app for your Lumia and set the right options and after that you just need to plug in the stick to your tv and can start your miracasting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes