WIndows Phone 8.1 update error

James Sealey

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello all.

Firstly, as a windows phone user for 18 months now, and a long time reader of these forums I would like to thank everyone so far who has helped me with my phone - even without knowing it!

However, the time has now come for me to register and post, as many searches for help with the problem I am having have turned up blanks.

I have a Nokia Lumia 925, currently running 'Windows Phone 8.1 Update'. Over the last week or so, I have noticed that my device has been trying to install an update, which every time results in the following error: 'The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (8018830f)'.

I have tried different internet connections, ensuring I am connected to a charger, checking the date and time are correct etc, there is loads of free space on my device (15+ GB Free). One of the many posts I did come across whilst trying to troubleshoot this issue mention the 'Developer Preview', but I have never been (brave enough to be) on the developer program.

Does anyone know what this update is, and why I am unable to install it? I am more than happy to continue without it, but don't want this to become a bigger issue in the future...

Thanks in advance...

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
By having the 8.1 Update installed, you're on the very latest OS release anyway, so the Preview for Developer option isn't required.

What is the name of app you are having issues with? Probably won't help, but try a Soft Reset (volume down + power button for 10secs).

G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital