Apple (IOS/OSX) Tops The Most Vulnerable Operating System In 2014

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Applet Tops The Most Vulnerable Operating System In 2014

Security is not very important to the average user. This lists the amount of vulnerabilities. Even if I do care about it, am I going to switch because my preference of platforms has a few more vulnerabilities than the next one?

And how accurate is the list anyway? Android isn't even mentioned.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site

well...if NO. of vulnerabilties on osx is true, given that its marketshare compared with windows is insignifiant.....that OS looks like a trashbin inside a computer....honestly.

edit: and ppl said windows is full of vulnerabilities..... windows only has 2 things about this: so many users so hearing about a vulnerability is more often and high marketshare so it atracts hackers like WP "rejects" app developers

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I don't know how accurate these lists are but I can surmise that the iOS number is under-reported based on the high AppleTV number in the applications list. I get the advisories from US-CERT.gov and I see AppleTV on there quite often. The vulnerabilities listed almost always apply to every iOS platform, but are listed under AppleTV because it is the first in alphabetical order and apparently easier than listing it as "AppleTV, iPhone, iPad"

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Let's keep this thread clean. If someone has a source to challenge the OP's link, let's see it.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you actually read the article or are you simply judging their answer because it's a pro apple web site?

Pro-Apple means the blinders are on. Apple can never do wrong in their eyes lol

And the good tech sites are telling it how it is, while the pro-Apple ones are yet again downplaying any negatives.

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Morale of the story nobody has most secure OS. Learn to maintain your systems you won't have problems. Apple make products in a way the average person can't mess it up. Windows make it in a way you can but if you do its your fault and yours alone not Windows. So either buy a Mac and leave it be or get Windows and learn how to keep yourself safe. Apple is just slipping a bit is all they are saying. Usually you buy a Mac and sit not worrying. They are saying now hey wake up make sure you don't fall asleep at the wheel. No OS is perfect. But the media can tell people other wise. Propaganda is the term I believe. Apple users are so hypnotized first bad thing anyone says they are ready bomb a country over it lol. Yet anything bad about windows the media has a field day and Apple fans rejoice. Sad world we live in lol.