Why isn't my JPG download working on my Lumia 630 but it is working on my Lumia 620?

phMoschetta

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
JPG download not working on Lumia 630, but working on Lumia 620

Hello!

I'm trying to access GoPro's web interface from Internet Explorer on my Lumia 630. For those not familiar with it, you connect to the GoPro's WiFi hotspot and enter http://10.5.5.9:8888 in the browser.

I can perfectly navigate around and see the list of files, but when I try to open the pictures, the browser can't display the JPG image. However, the same thing does not happen to the videos: I can open MP4 files directly from the browser, except it won't let me download them.

There's a funny thing: if I upload exactly the same JPG files from GoPro to a web server and access them from the IE browser, the same thing happens, so I guess it is not a problem with the connection.

I tested the same thing on another phone, Lumia 620, and it's working. Internet Explorer shows the JPG files directly from the browser. The only difference I noticed is that on this phone, the GoPro Wi-Fi connection is normal, while on the Lumia 630 it appears as "limited".

I've already tried everything: updated my GoPro's firmware, changed Wi-Fi passwords, disabled data sense, downloaded another browser. Nothing works.

Any idea?

Thank you!

phMoschetta

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon