Updated Facebook Feed in the People Hub now shows all activity

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The FB feed in my People Hub now shows all activity rather than just posts from friends - just like 'most recent' in the official FB app.

I like how the People Hub combines my FB & Twitter feeds.. but now it is swamped with 'likes' and 'Comments on' :-S.

boomjosh

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know more about this?

The app itself didn't even update - since 2/28, and yet the People Hub feed made a complete change.
How does that work? Anyone who uses Twitter ask the right folks?

This is terrible and makes the People Hub feed useless.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I noticed this change yesterday. The people hub is useless now, all I see are things people have liked. The app is fine and so is the website.... Very annoying.

joshcsmith13

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I Totally agree. I Don't even want to look at my "What's New" feed any more. It's a complete waste of time, and I don't even have that many friends!!
Somebody Help us!

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is this still the case? And if you have any Groups setup, how does this compare (i.e. are there still lots of random likes or more 'useful' updates)?

Cheers

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
As of today, it looks like it's been fixed. I did receive an OS update overnight, not sure if that made a change or if there was another reason. Either way, at least I don't see all the likes anymore.

joshcsmith13

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
@iamstevie, I'm not sure what you are suggesting/asking about groups (in facebook?). @rideboarder, It's still happening to me. The first three posts on my feed right now are comments my friend(s) made on some strangers posts/pictures.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
@iamstevie, I'm not sure what you are suggesting/asking about groups (in facebook?). @rideboarder, It's still happening to me. The first three posts on my feed right now are comments my friend(s) made on some strangers posts/pictures.
Which OS version are you on? After I received the update for 8.10.14234.375 everything went back to normal for me.

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is this still the case? And if you have any Groups setup, how does this compare (i.e. are there still lots of random likes or more 'useful' updates)?

Cheers

Sorry just seen this - sounds like may have been fixed since anyway.

I was referring to Contact Groups (on WP, rather than on FB), where you can set up aggregated social media feeds for groups of your contacts.

My thinking was perhaps this 'bug' was limited to just the general 'all contacts' facebook feed.... maybe the feeds for Groups may not have had this problem (e.g. if it used a different api on facebook). Again... sounds like it is perhaps irrelevant now anyway!

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
This is weird.... The problem seems to have returned on my phone. Now I see it when people like someone else's photos and posts again... This is in the general list with all contacts. Why it worked fine for a week...I have no idea..

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
@rideboarder - yeah, the feed has returned to showing all activity i.e. every single 'like' & 'commented on' (public activity).

For about a week it was really good - a proper 'most recent' feed.

Why they've reverted is beyond me. The feed is now just fill of crap. I really question the logic of the FB &/or Microsoft engineer who configured the feed.

Anyway, here's hoping they revert back tot he proper 'most recent' feed.... again.

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The 'most recent' Facebook feed in the People Hub & the official FB app has been updated. It now mirrors m.facebook.com & it's no longer swamped with activity.

However, for both the official app & the People Hub, it only seems to be able to pull in a few hours worth of content. I'm unsure exactly how many hours.

In any case, WM10 is just around the corner. Can the new People Hub still access Facebook..?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes