Data Sense Question

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlimited data plan, but I still set a limit so the "Restrict background data" option is available. I have it set to "Always".

I set the limit to 100GB, but when I try to download apps or updates it tells me I'm over my limit and won't download unless I tell it to do it anyway. Data Sense shows I have tons of data left, so I'm wondering why it does that.

Also, VPN won't connect because it says I'm over my data limit. It works fine if I turn off the background data restriction. Is that expected behaviour?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlimited data plan, but I still set a limit so the "Restrict background data" option is available. I have it set to "Always".

I set the limit to 100GB, but when I try to download apps or updates it tells me I'm over my limit and won't download unless I tell it to do it anyway. Data Sense shows I have tons of data left, so I'm wondering why it does that.

Also, VPN won't connect because it says I'm over my data limit. It works fine if I turn off the background data restriction. Is that expected behaviour?

Do not restrict background data if you have an unlimited plan

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Background data restriction works when you are over your limit... So it tricks the data sense in notifying you that you don't have data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs