Update 2 Bug for 1520?

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
After getting gdr 2, store tile reflects 1 app notification, but when you go to store, there is none. I have to change the settings to enable "automatic updates" just to see what was being downloaded, it turned out it was 6tag.

Do you have similar experience?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
After getting gdr 2, store tile reflects 1 app notification, but when you go to store, there is none. I have to change the settings to enable "automatic updates" just to see what was being downloaded, it turned out it was 6tag.

Do you have similar experience?

gdr2 was offered as an preview update to win10TP users. still the software is in unpolished state so you can expect some minor bugs as these. i hope they dont bother you much. ;) good day

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
gdr2 was offered as an preview update to win10TP users. still the software is in unpolished state so you can expect some minor bugs as these. i hope they dont bother you much. ;) good day

You have proof that GDR2 is unfinished?

It's already on new handsets so it's a finished update.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
so why is it offered on a preview platform and not a wide scale rollout. { use some sense} ;) good day

Unfinished software is never loaded onto new handsets, the preview is for existing phones to find bugs related to those devices. Seems to me that YOU need to use some sense, especially telling people to soft reset devices for issues that a soft reset won't cure.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfinished software is never loaded onto new handsets, the preview is for existing phones to find bugs related to those devices. Seems to me that YOU need to use some sense, especially telling people to soft reset devices for issues that a soft reset won't cure.

you just dont get it do you?? lumia 640\640 xl are the only device as of now launched with wp 8.1 gdr2 update. lumia 735\730 and 830 will be the only handsets to officially recieve the gdr2 update. now here . those who are getting the gdr2 update are the users with devices which are first time included in the technical preview. that too only a select devices( 620\730...) . that too the update is only available when signed IN ON THE WINDOWS PHONE INSIDER. which itself suggests that the update though available is currently only available as preview. as it still carry a few bugs. the final version might be ready with microdoft but as they already mentioned that full gdr2 update will only be available for lumia 730\735 and 830.

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 confirmed for select existing smartphones | Windows Central

correct your facts. ;) good day

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
you just dont get it do you?? lumia 640\640 xl are the only device as of now launched with wp 8.1 gdr2 update. lumia 735\730 and 830 will be the only handsets to officially recieve the gdr2 update. now here . those who are getting the gdr2 update are the users with devices which are first time included in the technical preview. that too only a select devices( 620\730...) . that too the update is only available when signed IN ON THE WINDOWS PHONE INSIDER. which itself suggests that the update though available is currently only available as preview. as it still carry a few bugs. the final version might be ready with microdoft but as they already mentioned that full gdr2 update will only be available for lumia 730\735 and 830.

I get it perfectly and it's only part of the preview as it's required for the TP. There is absolutely nothing to state that other devices won't get GDR2, Microsoft will only comment on their own devices and not others so it is, in fact, you who needs to correct his facts, not me!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea