Windows phone 8.1 static IP and DNS

ankitj4060

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I posted this question in some other forum also but not benefited so posting here.Hope i will get answer

I have a Non Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1.Its Lava Iris win1 .

I want to set static IP and DNS on it.How can i do it?Please anyone can guide me step wise.I am new to windows phone

My ISP DNS are just very slow and most of times unable to resolve websites.

I found after liitle R&D that there is SamPhone tools for wp8 but how to use all this.Please guide or if there is any other way

Thanks

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
In settings, under Wifi, you can long press the Wifi network you're connected to and edit the connection settings. Turn the toggle on in there and you can enter the IP, port, DNS, etc under there.

ankitj4060

May 1, 2015
Visit site
In settings, under Wifi, you can long press the Wifi network you're connected to and edit the connection settings. Turn the toggle on in there and you can enter the IP, port, DNS, etc under there.

Hello,

Thanks for replying but this is not working.I already know this
Problem is when i long press the current wifi network and press edit it just allows me to enter proxy ip and port.IP and DNS are below it but not editable :(

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Ah, yes you're right. It's not editable. I've never had to use it so I didn't know, my apologies. It's rather confusing as to WHY it's not available. Maybe you should ask Microsoft on Twitter or something. It might also come with W10, which I know is a long time away but better late than never right? Maybe suggest it as a W10 feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786