nesetceri

May 6, 2015
Visit site
640 XL w 8.1
How many games-apps are built in it ? Is it possible to uninstall them as I am not interested in games-some of the apps ? I know one shortcoming of Windows phone is lack of apps..but where can I see the full list of apps for windows phones, does it include developers apps ? What about antivirus-system cleaners (like ccleaner) Thanks

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Default app selection varies depending on region, but it is likely that there are zero games installed out of the box.

Swipe left from the start screen to see all the apps installed.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
640 XL w 8.1
How many games-apps are built in it ? Is it possible to uninstall them as I am not interested in games-some of the apps ? I know one shortcoming of Windows phone is lack of apps..but where can I see the full list of apps for windows phones, does it include developers apps ? What about antivirus-system cleaners (like ccleaner) Thanks

Agreed with xandros9, that the number of apps installed on a phone by default may vary depending on the region where the phone is made available in stores.

Yes, you may uninstall them. Just swipe left to bring the app list to the right of the start screen, and then tap and hold on any app you wish to uninstall. You should see "Uninstall" among the choices that appears - for apps that can be uninstalled at least, since not all apps can be uninstalled (such as Messaging, Settings, Phone, and other basic apps).

It would be very tiring to go through a list of over 300,000 apps, but you can browse through and search for any of those apps in windowsphone.com.

What did you mean by "developers apps"?
If these are "beta" apps that developers are in the process of developing, then not all of these are publicly available and you may need to join an app-specific beta program.
If these are apps that allow the user to "develop" other apps, then you may try Touch Develop, but being an app itself one may expect that it won't have the full development features that can be downloaded to a PC.

There are temporary file cleaners in the store, but Windows Phone 8.1 already has that by default. Just go to Settings > Storage Sense > Phone (or SD Card) > Temporary Files > you may delete temporary files there (this also deletes some of the "Others" storage).

There is no need for an anti-virus app for Windows Phones: there are no known viruses for Windows Phones and if ever one exists, it cannot be saved in your phone without the user's consent, and if ever it gets saved into the phone it can't run without the user's consent nor can it affect the phone itself and other apps due to Windows Phone sand boxing technology.

And welcome to Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte