Lumia 920 bricked when installing W10 and unable to connect to PC

Sofairs

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I decided to update my Lumia 920 to W10. Unfortunately during the instalation something went wrong. When I try to start the phone, Nokia logo appears, after that the spinning gears and after about a minute the phone restarts and the process repeats - logo, gears, restart. The only other thing I can do with the phone is hold volume up button so that flash with gear next to it appears.

I tried to plug the phone to computer via USB cable and repair it using either Windows Phone Recovery Tool, or Nokia Software Updater for Retail. However another problem occurred, the computer won't recognize the phone, it makes that sound when something is connected, but when I check devices, it's an unknown device with no drivers and after a while the phone disconnects. Sometimes it doesn't even connect to the PC.
I tried using different USB cables, diffirent computers (win 8 and win 7) but nothing works.
Anybody have an idea how to fix that?

Hazzan Zia

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.3.2 seems to be working for now it's downloading the OS image file which is 1.3 gb but do keep in mind that it will probably delete all your personal data as well...

Hazzan Zia

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup it worked and my phone is now working but all personal data is gone which was not backed up or synced but this gave me a chance to play with it since I already lost everything so I tried once more n got Windows 10 TP and it's really really awesome...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa