Why does the recovery tool default to Spanish?

Miffywiffy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
The Phone was bought in the UK, it's a GB model and I download the tool from the UK site... yet it defaults to Spanish :\ It's annoying because it is baked deep into the OS and you have to download the language packs which get stuck at 0% and it's just never the same :\

Can I flash a GB rom manually?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to do something that people hate. I'm not just going to answer your question with a question, but a series of questions. Answering them could help us to help you.

Is it the ROM you downloaded that is Spanish? Or the recovery tool? What phone/model? What ROM (give the RM# please)? Why download the tool from a site in the UK? What site was it downloaded from? Why not download it directly from Microsoft?

Miffywiffy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
It was NOKIA RM-875_eu_euro1_211, but then I went to Windows 10 Preview and used the recovery tool to go back as it was laggy. Now it's eu_spain_367

Miffywiffy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have to put Windows 10 Preview on there to get an English rom, but the Microsoft camera sucks and they've taken the Lumia one off :\

Nope I reset the phone with Windows 10 on it and even that's Spanish........

Great, Windows recovery tool ****ed up my rom.

Last edited:

Khaagan

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Miffywiffy,

It's normal. You have flash RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV, ok.
But when you also flash with WPRT, LSRT, etc, and these softwares flash the original product code (ROM) of your Lumia device, and for you is RM-875 GB VAR EURO CV.

The information of the original product code is contained in the DPP partition (Device Provisioning Partition) on your Lumia device.

If you want to be in the RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV ROM, or any other ROM, you must flash with Windows Phone Image Designer for example.

Best regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk