PC doesn't remember WP, NOKIA 1520. What do I do?

Christy Lopez

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
PC doesn't remember WP, NOKIA 1520

At some point I realized that my normal windows phone screen isn't popping up when I USB connect my phone to my computer. I have Nokia 1520 running Lumia Denim, Windows 8.1 PC.

So, I open the Windows Phone App on my computer, and it gives me a welcome screen "Well Hello there, let's get started!" wanting me to name my phone...

Which I am scared to do, thinking it is going to blank things.

The phone is recognized as a drive when plugged in. I can browse to my SD card and my phone files. I have done a phone restart and a soft reset. My information has not been backed up in about 2 months from what I can tell looking at the last files it has saved in my "Windows Phone" Windows Explorer folders.. I hadn't noticed...

What to try?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been asked and answered.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: PC doesn't remember WP, NOKIA 1520

Hi,
don?t really understand your question.
If you can see data on your sd card from pc explorer the connection is fine. You may copy data by yourself to the PC if you want to. Backup of your phone is done from your phone to onedrive.
You can change your phone name in phone settings.

Christy Lopez

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

I was backing my phone up through the windows phone app on my computer. (I have Windows 8.1 on my PC) The Windows phone app recognizes that I have plugged in a windows phone, but doesn't recognize that I am plugging in the same phone that it has backed up in the past. It wants me to sign up like it is new. It has stopped backing up until I do that, but I am worried that if I do that, it will wipe my phone or something (like stupid itunes would do) Do I not have to worry about that with a Windows phone?

Christy Lopez

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

Just an Update, I decided to "name" my phone (turns out differently than it had been before) and it created new uploads of my phone (pics, maybe music too)- didn't delete anything or ask to replace from backup like scary iTunes would do. Now I have two files of saved pictures, but that's OK.

My one drive pic backups are intact. I took another picture after renaming the phone, and it went to my same one drive backup.

So fear not if this happens to you.

First backup your files through the USB drive. Then rename your phone on your PC and move on with life.
(I am not sure what happens if you "name" it the same as it was before, whether it would save on top of your old backups, or integrate with it (which would be preferable)- you might try that if you have backed up everything first.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon