Issues with groups

cyrilthemilkman

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues today with groups in the people hub.

I have some sms groups setup for sports teams I run so can easily drop sms messages out. However went in to one of my groups today and it had no members, checked another and no none in there either. The group headers were still there.

Dug a little deeper and have found that some of my contacts have become unlinked, I.e. A skype and an outlook contact now exists for a person whereas before they were bundled together.

Tried the old shut down and restart but done nothing.

So wondering if MS have done some kind of cloud release that has fubar'd it.

Cheers

perisdr

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem and its driving me mad!
I keep creating my groups and a day or two after they either get totally deleted or the members inside the group are deleted!
This has got to be some synchronization issue. I have tried creating them from the phone and from outlook the same thing keeps happening.
I don't want to reset the device. Anyone have any idea why this keeps happening?

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem and its driving me mad!
I keep creating my groups and a day or two after they either get totally deleted or the members inside the group are deleted!
This has got to be some synchronization issue. I have tried creating them from the phone and from outlook the same thing keeps happening.
I don't want to reset the device. Anyone have any idea why this keeps happening?

Resetting the device wont fix it - already did that (but reset for another reason).

It just happened to me again though, it happens when I use Skype on my phone.

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Based on comments here it appears if I rebuild my groups they will only go to zero again. I do hope this gets fixed faster than last year's OneDrive meltdown. Btw, Lumia 950 from AT&T, up to date software.

perisdr

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I 'll keep an eye on skype. But this does not justify why only one of my groups get totally deleted. My other group just gets unpinned from the start screen. Could it be that some contact in the group is the problem? Maybe I 'll try to unlink skype from those contacts and see what happens.

allenf3

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed this issue today. I had several groups set up that I cannot recreate because I don't remember who was in the group (that's why you store something electronically, right?). I recently set up Skype for business, and reading the comments here makes me think that that has something to do with it. Does anyone know where I can find a backup copy of those groups? I REALLY need them.

perisdr

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed this issue today. I had several groups set up that I cannot recreate because I don't remember who was in the group (that's why you store something electronically, right?). I recently set up Skype for business, and reading the comments here makes me think that that has something to do with it. Does anyone know where I can find a backup copy of those groups? I REALLY need them.
Sorry buddy. They are gone. I am really surprised this issue has not gone viral. It is really irritating.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My group names always remain (including the live tile), the members list just gets cleared. Not sure if that's the same issue everyone is having but I have an ongoing support ticket with MS on this, hopefully have something to report soon.

JohnnyBawesome

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I have two groups pinned to my start screen. One of them gets completely deleted from my device, but the other one remains. It is funny because it happened to each of the groups. I think when people upgrade to W10M they are going be surprised by the lack of What's New love tile support. Drives me nuts! That was my favorite feature of 7, 8, 8.1

Note: Self deleting groups hasn't occurred yet with newest build. But they have to be recreated with every update

perisdr

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My group names always remain (including the live tile), the members list just gets cleared. Not sure if that's the same issue everyone is having but I have an ongoing support ticket with MS on this, hopefully have something to report soon.
Have the exact same problem. And I can confirm this has definitely has to do with skype.
I removed the app and installed it again, didn't make any difference. After I runned the app my groups where unpinned from the start screen and one of them got its members cleared. Soon after even the group got deleted.
There was an option in skype to sync with the phone's contacts. I disabled it but it didn't seem to make any difference.
If they answer you from MS please let us know.

Forjo Atinxan

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Just joining in to say that I'm experiencing this too. Two out of four of my groups were empty last week. I rebuilt one (the friends group) and today it's gone completely -- along with the other group that had been cleared. My favorites and family groups are all that remain.

I'm not looking forward to a fix. Microsoft clearly doesn't care about Windows Phone anymore.

-Forjo

perisdr

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I stopped using groups. I added my contacts into a live folder because there is no way I am creating for the 50th time the group again.
Really sorry to say that this is a deal breaker for me. I don't know if this is fixed in windows phone 10 but I am considering another OS for my next phone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon