Microsoft Authenticator App on Window Phone 8.1 Denim, how can I get the apps to sync up?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Microsoft Authenticator App on Window Phone 8.1 Denim

I own 2 WP's. On both phones I have the above app installed. 3 of the same accounts are on each phone. Google:Lastpass:Microsoft. Lastpass is the only account that has the same 6 digit number on both phones simultaneously. Microsoft and Google's 6 digit numbers are different and therefore won't give me the correct number to input when using this app to log into their respective accounts. How do I get the app to sync up and give me the same numbers on each phone at the same time?

GeminiJ13

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Authenticator App on Window Phone 8.1 Denim

Did you mean to say if I set up the phones at the same time rather than you set up the phones at the same time as you asked?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You don't need to post repeatedly, I do other things than post here you know!

I meant that I have done the same with multiple phones, I took screenshots of the QR code and scanned that same QR code anytime I needed to use the authenticator on a new device. Same data in = same numbers with minimal discrepancy.

GeminiJ13

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

So, I took the advice you gave and deleted the other two accounts from both my phones. I then went back to each site and re-added the QR code to each phone as you described and it worked like a charm. Now all 3 accounts on both phones are correctly synced. I didn't try to post more than once. When I refreshed the page to see if you had answered the question it said that it had not posted my last reply so I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button again. Hence the double post. Thank you for your help solving this matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077