Can't use Whatsapp, problematic update error message

simon-ok

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have an annoying problem on my Nokia 530 that I face pretty much every time I restart my phone after removing the battery: I get an error message when I open Whatsapp telling me that I should update it. I can't use it otherwise, it won't go anywhere else.
Now the problem is that when I actually go to the Windows Store it won't let me update it, and nothing happens when I manually check for updates. What's more is that looking at the history of the Store downloads, it really seems that I have the latest version of Whatsapp already installed (currently it says v.2.16.114.0 was updated on July 7). Time and date are set correctly (when they aren't I get a different error message from Whatsapp, so I know it's not that).
The other times this has happened I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling Whatsapp, but by doing so the chat history is deleted, and more importantly I can't read what's been sent between the last time I used Whatsapp and now. Guys, do you have any ideas how I can solve this without reinstalling?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have an annoying problem on my Nokia 530 that I face pretty much every time I restart my phone after removing the battery: I get an error message when I open Whatsapp telling me that I should update it. I can't use it otherwise, it won't go anywhere else.
Now the problem is that when I actually go to the Windows Store it won't let me update it, and nothing happens when I manually check for updates. What's more is that looking at the history of the Store downloads, it really seems that I have the latest version of Whatsapp already installed (currently it says v.2.16.114.0 was updated on July 7). Time and date are set correctly (when they aren't I get a different error message from Whatsapp, so I know it's not that).
The other times this has happened I solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling Whatsapp, but by doing so the chat history is deleted, and more importantly I can't read what's been sent between the last time I used Whatsapp and now. Guys, do you have any ideas how I can solve this without reinstalling?

before uninstalling, check in whatsapp, there's a setting for doing a backup. Once the backup is done, you can uninstall and then install back - it will recognise the backup and ask do you want to restore message backup? You say yes and everything comes back :smile:

simon-ok

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for future times; but now I can't do anything on WhatsApp, it only shows me the error message, providing me a link to the Windows Store to update it - and on the Store page it just says that it's already installed.

So should I just reinstall it and remember to do a backup periodically from now on? And also, is it possible to receive the messages that have been sent while I couldn't use WhatsApp?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for future times; but now I can't do anything on WhatsApp, it only shows me the error message, providing me a link to the Windows Store to update it - and on the Store page it just says that it's already installed.

So should I just reinstall it and remember to do a backup periodically from now on? And also, is it possible to receive the messages that have been sent while I couldn't use WhatsApp?

yes to all your questions - do backup, reinstall, you'l get messages that ddin't come in while you were away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos