Twitch Starts Selling Games! But...

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Anyone interested in helping out Twitch Streamers by purchasing a game from Twitch themselves? They'll give a small cut (around 5%) of the purchase to one your favorite Streamers!

https://blog.twitch.tv/coming-soon-get-it-on-twitch-9c829cae6ac1

Although it's not much with 70% going to the publisher and 25% of the purchase going to Twitch, you would only slightly help out with an average of $2-$3 actually going towards the content creators

This would probably sound good for a person who normally donates to Streamers maybe, even though people can donate a lot more.

Thoughts?

Hear it from GameSpot's Tony Wilson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6BZM8XJsc

TheDarkSide1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I heard about in this a while ago, it's about time they start doing this! Lol.
Well as much as I want to support the content creators, I'll just donate to them using there donate button and I'll buy the games on Steam or Origin... As I normally do. Lol.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I heard about in this a while ago, it's about time they start doing this! Lol.
Well as much as I want to support the content creators, I'll just donate to them using there donate button and I'll buy the games on Steam or Origin... As I normally do. Lol.

That's what I though some would do!

What, you don't trust Twitch enough? lol. I'm with you though on that!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Actually kind of a cool idea. I guess I'd have to weigh the options a bit and figure out which route is best for them.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Actually kind of a cool idea. I guess I'd have to weigh the options a bit and figure out which route is best for them.

Yeah, I guess it could help out a little more than I though. The games themselves will cost the same as Steam's regular prices (without any Steam sales going on) but with a small cut of the purchase actually going towards the Streamers themselves. So I guess it would help out a bit more... I'm kinda in between though.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Well but I don't think majority of people will donate to them despite spending a lot of time watching. This way it costs the same but they get a cut.. Likely more people doing to do that, right?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, more people will probably lean more towards that direction, as a small percentage of viewers actually donate. I think they'll just buy the game (If they want it of course) on Twitch's service to give that "donation" of 5 percent.

This would be interesting to see what people would do... I think it's going on now for very few titles at the moment and they'll expand soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon