On a laptop such as HP's high-performance "Omen", which version of Windows-10 would be best to install/run Microsoft Flight Simulator X from, the 32-bit version or the 64-bit of Win10?
    10-12-2017 04:28 AM
    On a laptop such as HP's high-performance "Omen", which version of Windows-10 would be best to install/run Microsoft Flight Simulator X from, the 32-bit version or the 64-bit of Win10?
    If you need better gaming experience, then go for 64bit version. After all, its 'Gaming Laptop' !!! :D
    10-12-2017 10:35 AM
    If you need better gaming experience, then go for 64bit version. After all, its 'Gaming Laptop' !!! :D
    Are you sure? I ask because I had issues running FSX (a 32bit game) on a previous but lesser laptop running Win8.1 and later Win10 and my experience was regrettable (even after installing the game in the x86 folder and later the x64 folder...for both Win8.1 and the later upgrade to Win10).
    10-13-2017 11:05 AM
    Are you sure? I ask because I had issues running FSX (a 32bit game) on a previous but lesser laptop running Win8.1 and later Win10 and my experience was regrettable (even after installing the game in the x86 folder and later the x64 folder...for both Win8.1 and the later upgrade to Win10).
    I'm not sure. Because Neither I have FSX nor Gaming Laptop.
    I replied according to the system specs. But if your experience is really regrettable then it's better to try it on your friend's/cousin's PC/Laptop.

TIP: Most of time, Laptop doesn't provide better performance than a Desktop PC! There are many factors which may effect the overall game performance. Keep update your all system, directX, graphicsCard(if any) drivers regularly.
    10-13-2017 01:50 PM
    I'm not sure. Because Neither I have FSX nor Gaming Laptop.
    I replied according to the system specs. But if your experience is really regrettable then it's better to try it on your friend's/cousin's PC/Laptop.

TIP: Most of time, Laptop doesn't provide better performance than a Desktop PC! There are many factors which may effect the overall game performance. Keep update your all system, directX, graphicsCard(if any) drivers regularly.
    Re: TIP...
    Really, even if it's a high-end laptop like the Core-i7 HP Omen...or an Alienware M17? Thanks for the tip, I will consider comparing high-end desktops against laptop counterparts
    10-13-2017 02:29 PM
    Re: TIP...
    Really, even if it's a high-end laptop like the Core-i7 HP Omen...or an Alienware M17? Thanks for the tip, I will consider comparing high-end desktops against laptop counterparts
    I hope you can run it flawless on high-performance laptop.
    Could you please mention the exact version So I can benchmark it (via Laptop)? Maybe I could post my experience here. :)
    10-13-2017 10:18 PM
    I hope you can run it flawless on high-performance laptop.
    Could you please mention the exact version So I can benchmark it (via Laptop)? Maybe I could post my experience here. :)
    It was a HP250 that I got poor results running FSX on
    10-14-2017 08:47 AM
    It was a HP250 that I got poor results running FSX on
    This model is really old, supports maximum 3rd Gen intel's processor and not having gCard(Neither nVidia nor AMD Radeon) feature which make this game runs slow.
    IMO, Check this Link & click on 'Can you run it?' button to get proper details about the game's compatibility.

Precisely, this game will run flawless on HP's OMEN & 'High-End Gaming Laptop' :)
    10-14-2017 11:44 AM