Should I install Razer Cortex software? or Windows Gaming is enough?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
Planning to play some games on my notebook, wondering if configure the graphics + gaming mode is enough or not; Is razer cortex recommended?

Thanks!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Honestly gaming boosters don't do much. I know in low frame rates, gaming mode can help slightly to smooth things out, but that's about it. IDK about razer cortex, I've run it, but didn't really see any gains (mind you I probably wouldn't notice the minor gains from game mode either).

If your a little low in frames, I'd just configure the settings to minimum settings, and _maybe_ run game mode. Something with true access to the OS, is going to probably be more effective than something that doesn't (in terms of controlling hardware access). But the most obvious and effective thing to do is to turn down intensive effects like motion blur, shadows, anti-aliasing etc and lower the resolution.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly gaming boosters don't do much. I know in low frame rates, gaming mode can help slightly to smooth things out, but that's about it. IDK about razer cortex, I've run it, but didn't really see any gains (mind you I probably wouldn't notice the minor gains from game mode either).

If your a little low in frames, I'd just configure the settings to minimum settings, and _maybe_ run game mode. Something with true access to the OS, is going to probably be more effective than something that doesn't (in terms of controlling hardware access). But the most obvious and effective thing to do is to turn down intensive effects like motion blur, shadows, anti-aliasing etc and lower the resolution.
Thanks!
I'm going to turn it on anyway, though not expecting any improvements.
BTW, How significant is the effect of resolution? (Low settings but FHD for example)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Thanks!
I'm going to turn it on anyway, though not expecting any improvements.
BTW, How significant is the effect of resolution? (Low settings but FHD for example)

Yeah, it depends. Some effects, like shadows or complex reflections or anti-aliasing can take an enormous amount of resources in some games. Resolution does make a big difference, but what I usually do, when a game is too demanding, is switch it down to minimum resolution, minimum settings - then try going up in resolution until I find a sweet spot. Then I might try putting some settings on medium, if they look nice, to see if that pushes it over.

Sort of trial and error, from a base level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon