Windows 8.1 Offline Type Multiplayer Games

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
My father-in-law and I both have Windows 8.1 tablets. I am looking for games we can play against each other with either no internet or me just using my phone as a hotspot. Thank you for your input.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i don't think it's possible to play multiplayer with a mobile hotspot. for multiplayer to work, you need to be able to transfer data between 2 devices and the only way to do that is via wireless LAN, so a router is needed.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi James, that's what I thought. Does the wireless router need an internet connection or will the games work just by both devices connected to it? I haven't done much research on this. I was just curious if there are games out there that two devices can play against each other without an internet connection.

Vinit Pratap

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can play any game which supports local multiplayer lan by creating a hotspot and pointing IP address of each other computer on each one. Alternatively you can create a WiFi hostspot by your Windows 8.1 tablet too you just need to download and run a program called 'MyPublicWiFi' or through command prompt.I dont think any Modern game sports a lan mode but you can play desktop games like Halo, MTA:SA, Counter Strike etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon