Will you move if the iPhone comes to sprint?

jake8188

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I was wondering if anyone was planning on moving from their arrive to get the iPhone if it comes to sprint in a couple of months?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The fruit phone#5 is coming to Sprint & NOT JUST NO BUT **** NO!

If Sprint doesn't get off there buts and get me some Nikia WP goodness I might be closing my Sprint contract after 15 years and going to ATT

thomasanderson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
**** Yea! The app selection for WP7 after being on Market for over a year is abysmal at best. Especially considering the fact that MS has been in the pda business long before Apple. I bought this Arrive to replace my dying Pre, and aside from the hardware this phone/OS is garbage so far. As soon as the iphone drops, my Arrive is going on ebay.

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Mango is a beast, what apps are you looking for? The intergrated search is one of the best features on any device I have ever seen. I have an ipod 3g, 4g, ipad and ipad 2. I think WP 7 is the future. Mango really is incredible and I have seen the ios 5 updates, can't touch Mango. But good luck you can't go wrong with an iphone.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
**** Yea! The app selection for WP7 after being on Market for over a year is abysmal at best. Especially considering the fact that MS has been in the pda business long before Apple. I bought this Arrive to replace my dying Pre, and aside from the hardware this phone/OS is garbage so far. As soon as the iphone drops, my Arrive is going on ebay.

a former webos user complaining about apps? please go, smh....

JackG058

Oct 31, 2006
www.LatterDayTruth.org
I have a similar roundup of devices as does itsall4tay. I've got a Macbook Pro, iPod Touch, iPad original, as well as my Arrive. I love my Apple devices, but the interface of WP7 is so much quicker, cleaner, and funner to use for me. All I'll be updating too is whatever Sprint brings out next for WP7 (and Mango). I'm absolutely loving my Arrive.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was considering going to the iPhone a few months ago. I got a little frustrated with WP7 and Microsoft. I've calmed down, renewed my Zune pass and now I'm not going anywhere. :D.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

The webOS app catalog has something like 7,000 apps in total, and it's been out since 2009. WP7 has not been out nearly as long and there's now about 30,000 apps. I'm not sure what apps you're looking for that you can't find, especially since the Pre lacked a ton of very basic API's that kept you from even having an app like Shazam. There are far more official apps on WP7 (Twitter, anyone?) that never made it to webOS. I'm not going to be one of those koolaid drinkers and tell you to get lost because you don't love WP7, I just don't really understand why. But, if an iPhone is what you want, enjoy it. :)

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
meh

If Apple knocks it out of the part with the iphone 5 I may. But I doubt it.
I really like windows phone. I am starting to miss my blackberry's convenience and speed of use, but I am hoping Mango will close the gap.
The other part of this is, I wonder if the iPhone will force Sprint to raise its prices. If this happens there is little incentive for me not to switch to AT&T and apply my corporate discount there for both me and my wife (who has an iphone already) Most likely I would continue to use WP7 but I don't rule anything out. If for some reason Apple turns the iPhone into a productivity powerhouse, I might consider it.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Heck no. I might buy an iPhone at contract price then sell it on eBay. Depends on what Nokia phones are launched and when in the US.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using WP7!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that Apple would want to put a WiMax chip in an iPhone.

If the ATT/T-Mobile merger goes through, I am betting that Verizon will buy Sprint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon