Install trouble for iOS5

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
WP haters and general wankers will forget it soon enough because "Apple always updates correctly and never has any problems updating to everyone all at once." :rolleyes:

You forgot to put viruses in your avatar btw. ;)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Installed iOS5 on my iPad in 20 mins this morning start to finish, no problems whatsoever. Usual issue of servers getting hammered right at the very start what with everyone updating on the same day globally regardless of whether they have an iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3rd/4th gen.

As for not doing as well as MS and Mango, I'm guessing that's a joke, right? 1 day, well upwards of 100 million devices across 6 form factors inc. tablets and phones and hordes of carriers and the worst thing that happened was it got a bit slow - or 2 weeks and counting for a fraction of that install base and some people still don't know when Mango might arrive.

I think MS could still stand to learn a thing or two from Apple on the update delivery front ;)

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Installed iOS5 on my iPad in 20 mins this morning start to finish, no problems whatsoever. Usual issue of servers getting hammered right at the very start what with everyone updating on the same day globally regardless of whether they have an iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3rd/4th gen.

As for not doing as well as MS and Mango, I'm guessing that's a joke, right? 1 day, well upwards of 100 million devices across 6 form factors inc. tablets and phones and hordes of carriers and the worst thing that happened was it got a bit slow - or 2 weeks and counting for a fraction of that install base and some people still don't know when Mango might arrive.

I think MS could still stand to learn a thing or two from Apple on the update delivery front ;)
I like how "slow downs" is all you got from the article.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Yes, to limit the devices on the users end to a minimum of form factors. I truly hate these back and forth gotcha type moments that ******'s live for but there is nothing to learn from Apple in this case.

May all your updates go smoothly...unless its for Android in which case I hope your phone melts. :p

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It went pretty smooth on my wife's phone yesterday. It took a while due to my older computer and slow internet connection.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon