Just how good is the HTC One camera?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea how good the HTC One camera is, but here's something I've noticed in the weeks leading up to HTC's announcement, and the aftermath:
- HTC tried (and failed) to flame the 808 PureView (and Nokia as a whole), by using the argument "Megapixels don't matter"; They have a point, but these are the guys who put a 16 MP camera on the Titan II, saying that more megapixels are better.
- HTC said that their camera has the biggest sensor ever put on a smartphone
- HTC says their phone has OIS
- Nokia fans get angry
- Nokia fans expose that HTC is lying (i.e. Steve Litchfield (AllAboutSymbian), proving that even the N95 has a larger sensor; Damian Dinning, proving a lot of stuff)

So, how good is the camera? This better be good, because Damian got angry.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It is not actually good, No phone can still match the camera of Nokia 808 Pureview. 808 is still the king. Htc One camera cannot still much the camera of N8, 808, and Lumia 920
But in a world of standards, it exceeds them. One can argue and say they won't get the Lumia 920 because the 808 has a better camera. All in all, its far above average but not the best. It IS a selling point with OIS and a great camera, on top of beats audio, big battery, faster processor, nice screen and design. Bring me one in blue, black or red and put WP8 on it and I'll buy it full retail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes