03-11-2014 07:08 AM
105 1234 ...
tools
    Some people just don't like to be like other people. To me it isn't about smart brains or choice. I like to be holding the device that stirs more conversation between people, I sure know my lumia does the job, you know, connecting people ;-)
    I've become a master at pitching Lumia 1020's and Surface Pro 2's, because any time I use either one, I always get questions... It's getting kinda annoying, but then again, I also kinda relish the fact that my devices always get everyone to look up from what they're doing and stare (and I don't even have one of the crazy colors!).

So many times a day am I asked, "Is that the phone with the amazing camera?" "Why does your phone have such a big case [camera grip]?" "Wait, that thing is a phone?" "Is that the Surface?"

Ahh people. I suppose I'm the black sheep in an otherwise white herd, surrounded by Androids and iPhones. But it's so silly how I always manage to shatter their views on the world when I walk in armed with my Lumia and my Surface. :)
    12-24-2013 11:52 PM
    Well Well,
    It seems the Patent war will continue.. OP Forgot about the Patent Nokia Got in the Attachment 52737
    So Definitely Nokia will start fight back soon :P

What about the patent 8615432 Doesnt it look like Windows Push Notification Services
    hm hm, Be ready to see a fight/Joke :D
    The clock looks pretty, mostly because it looks exactly like the lockscreen on WP/Windows 8. Very beautiful. As for all the other screens? I don't know why, but in the patient diagram, they look very unclean... I don't know how to describe it, but I reminds me of iOS 6 and earlier. Very ugly. Hopefully that's just for the sake of the patient, because I'd be very disappointed if Nokia brought something like this to market with that ugliness of an OS.

Metro UI all the way!
    12-24-2013 11:55 PM
    I still do not see the point of a smart watch.
    Loco5150 likes this.
    12-25-2013 02:44 AM
    Have you guys heard of 'prior art'?
    12-25-2013 04:43 AM
    I have had an iPhone 4, 4s, and 5. I also have owned a Lumia 920. I left apple for WP8. And I honestly enjoyed the phone deeply, even though I left to go back to apple. And that was for one reason apps. And as of now I will be purchasing a Lumia 1520 tomorrow. WP8 has finally grown to a point where I can fully shake iOS. So these patents that you speak of I have totally no use for. But rest assured if WP 8.1 is in any what it needs to be then Microsoft is gonna be here a min.
    12-25-2013 06:06 AM
    But rest assured if WP 8.1 is in any what it needs to be then Microsoft is gonna be here a min.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.
    12-25-2013 06:12 AM
    I still do not see the point of a smart watch.
    Me neither... We are getting phones with bigger screens to be able to browse the web, type and view our feeds better, where's the point with 1" screen? Are you so lazy or busy that you dont want to pick your phone from your pocket and see the message? Even if so, often at the same time we do something else, like check the feed real quick. I would also just love the fact you need to charge 2 devices...

And Im sorry I have a watch, 2 actually. These are not some plastic craps, these are real quality watches.

I dont see future for smart watch, I think its just an industrys way of trying to generate new source of income. However smart watch most likely will be a stepping stone to something that might be the next big thing...
    hs k likes this.
    12-25-2013 06:51 AM
    Pardon me if I'm wrong but haven't electronic heart rate monitors been around for about 30 years?
    12-25-2013 06:55 AM
    I don't see the link in logic between having patents for a heart rate monitor and winning the phone wars, almost by default, as I interpreted this thread. That said, the phone wars are far from over, because Android has so many weapons and manufacturers in there that I don't even think iOS can win in terms of overall market-share...It's just numerically impossible. That said, Apple will still sell alot of phones and they will have a sizable chunk, but unless it's a monopoly, which isn't with the presence of Android around, they haven't won anything.
    12-25-2013 06:57 AM
    Apple Granted 23 Patents Today Including an Embedded Heart Rate Monitor that could be integrated into a future iWatch - Patently Apple

Already a 64-bit A7 processor with motion co-processor(now we know for hover touch and eye tracking). Embedded heart-rate monitor and improved Siri/Maps. It's game over folks. In 2015, anyone who has 2 bits to rub together is buying an iPhone 6.
    TROLOL. You should ask Apple to pay you for the propoganda.
    12-25-2013 07:07 AM
    TROLOL. You should ask Apple to pay you for the propoganda.
    Maybe a good reply to the OP would be a link showing all the latest windows phone patent filings. Anybody have any?
    12-25-2013 07:14 AM
    To get a device with a 4 inch screen and no Microsoft app integration.... I don't think so... Still junk no matter what you put in it.
    12-25-2013 07:17 AM
    Apple Granted 23 Patents Today Including an Embedded Heart Rate Monitor that could be integrated into a future iWatch - Patently Apple

Already a 64-bit A7 processor with motion co-processor(now we know for hover touch and eye tracking). Embedded heart-rate monitor and improved Siri/Maps. It's game over folks. In 2015, anyone who has 2 bits to rub together is buying an iPhone 6.
    Improve their maps? They were so pathetic, they couldn't go anywhere BUT up - good god. And an imbedded heart rate monitor - wow that has been on everyone's wish list for years!

Have fun with your iPhone 6. Enjoy those static icons and improved 4.1" display. I'll miss you here....

EDIT: I fell for the troll and deserve my shame. Well done, OP.
    Last edited by crystal_planet; 12-25-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: needed to share my shame
    12-25-2013 08:27 AM
    I was wondering if the so called Heart Monitor malfunctions Giving some wrong values, then how many Apple Fans will have heart attack??
    12-25-2013 09:54 AM
    I am all in on this Apple stuff now. I am scared for MS's future. This going-nowwhere-doing-nothing-never-get-headlines corporation that has no resources, very little money, and no basis on which to build on is getting BURRIED by the mobile juggernaut that is Apple.

Because EVERYTHING Apple does turns to gold and buries Microsoft, Google, Samsung and all the other competition. I mean, look at their Macs which outsell MS products, their Smart TV's which outsell LG, Samsung and Vizio, their mapping tech with Tom-Tom which has Nokia shaking in their boots, their search engine is kicking Google and Bing to the curb on mobile devices, the iPhone 5C is a runaway success, iTunes is so reasonably priced and the ONLY real option for media and is so easy to use, the iPhone hasn't lost ANY sales, the iPad is the only tablet with any success still to this day....

*pulls muscle laughing, unable to keep a straight face any longer*
    12-25-2013 09:56 AM

I'm sure you are not old enough to remember this but go online and Bing the newspaper headlines the morning after the 1948 Presidential election. It's says Dewey's beats Truman. Problem was, it was printed way before all the polls had closed and Truman carried most of the western states to get elected.

My point, never believe what you read, what you hear and only half of what you see.
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-25-2013 10:07 AM
    I am all in on this Apple stuff now. I am scared for MS's future. This going-nowwhere-doing-nothing-never-get-headlines corporation that has no resources, very little money, and no basis on which to build on is getting BURRIED by the mobile juggernaut that is Apple.

Because EVERYTHING Apple does turns to gold and buries Microsoft, Google, Samsung and all the other competition. I mean, look at their Macs which outsell MS products, their Smart TV's which outsell LG, Samsung and Vizio, their mapping tech with Tom-Tom which has Nokia shaking in their boots, their search engine is kicking Google and Bing to the curb on mobile devices, the iPhone 5C is a runaway success, iTunes is so reasonably priced and the ONLY real option for media and is so easy to use, the iPhone hasn't lost ANY sales, the iPad is the only tablet with any success still to this day....

*pulls muscle laughing, unable to keep a straight face any longer*

God, I wish I could write that kind of sarcasm. You have a very elegant talent. So Snowmutt.LOL
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-25-2013 10:26 AM
    I say Apple hasn't won the war till, they manage to put a Defibrillator along with the Heart Monitor, ya know, ause when your heart rate is arrhythmic it can revive you.

Or,

Even more UID for NSA. Why not incorporate a Polymerase Chain Reaction Machine along with a Gene Sequencer so that the phone can upload your entire genome?

As far as I'm concerned Battery life on my phone is important, so that I can call in an emergency, rather than measuring my adrenalized(I don't even know if that is a word, if it isn't I claim rights to it ;) )heart rate.
    aximtreo, snowmutt and Sakitumi like this.
    12-25-2013 10:51 AM
    You guys really have no idea about patents.
    12-25-2013 10:56 AM
    By a quick show of hands, how many here are manufacturers? OK, nobody. In other words, I/we don't give a hairy rat's *** about patents. We do however, care about a quality built phone with good battery life, excellent voice quality and a hearty app selection. Having had a heart attack at 46 you would think I would be interested in a heart monitor. Fact is, I caught mine early because I paid attention to my body and not some phone or a watch.
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-25-2013 11:30 AM
    Well why don't you enlighten us. Name three applications this technology can be used for that doesn't already exist...
    teckris likes this.
    12-25-2013 12:15 PM

I really don't understand how this means they win, is Samsung alson rumored to have eye tracking and heart rate in the gs5?
    12-25-2013 12:21 PM
    When the iphone has an app that will replace "the blue pill" for a 4 hour special, then it's the end for the competition.
    12-25-2013 12:34 PM

Yep, it's always good to know that when your embedded heart-rate monitor stops you're dead! Great help for the first aid guy who looks at my iPhone just to make sure.....
    Sakitumi likes this.
    12-25-2013 12:41 PM
    Great Christmas joke
    snowmutt and teckris like this.
    12-25-2013 01:28 PM
105 1234 ...