check back if/when threshold happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to use wp8.x on a 520, for standalone GPS-like navigation.

I gave the few applications a shot, but never found a resource that could do more than typical Google maps/here stuff. keep in mind I'm not talking about turn by turn, I'm referring to full functioning, gpx tracks, routes, recording and editing of both, for on and of road travels.

the platform is just too limited as far as real development goes. sure Facebook and Instagram are there, but social media doesn't do much for me. I need MAPS, lots and lots of mvums, GPS referencing, waypoint handling, and all the things that encompass ... offline navigation where the pavement ends.

after a month with the 520, I sold it for $50 on Craigslist, the same price I paid.

the operating system has so much potential, but is so hindered by lack of up take, I'm going to shelf my interest until a big change happens, like threshold.

I thought after I sold it, I was likely the only person in the state with a wp guiding me down the road on the motorcycle... and now it's gone, with just another android displaying speedometer, tracks, logs, routes, waypoints and vector maps, all at once.

ahhh well, see you again in 2015ish... I'm gone for now.

50ShadesOfDJWS

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Some people like it some people don't.
But I'm pretty sure HEREmaps is quite good compared to Google maps even better (Based on a lot of peoples opinions and videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes