Why the iPhone 6 Camera Beats the 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh this thread's still running?

Anyways what I am going to say having observed many of the responses you guys have given, is that many of you do not know much about photography. No offence but you need to read up more on it.

I'll admit that my knowledge on photography isn't complete either. But many of you keep going on to say the same thing, MEGAPIXELS* MEGAPIXELS* on and on...

Simply put if megapixels we're everything wouldn't that mean the Lumia 925 and iPhone 5S/iPhone 6 have the same type of results? In short, they don't. iPhone flat out beats it.

The OP should have specified that "he" considered the iPhone the best cameraphone for him, and not say it was universal.

But from the points you have read from the OP's post you can at least conclude that the iPhone is the best cameraphone for the majority of people, while 1020 would be for the enthusiasts.

Simply put the way people take photos is that they go someplace, take out a phone and take a few photos in a few seconds of themselves. They just need a camera that works, and works fast and accurately. Not one which can either screw up your shot or make it look great depending on how fortunate you are with the software.

Also RAW shooting is something which enthusiasts would do, not the general population that buys a phone for photography.

The 1020 has a great camera, no doubt. But read some comparisons and on "Auto" mode, the iPhone usually beats it in most real life conditions such as portrait shooting because of more natural colours.

As far as those people here who say that their 1320 is comparable or any other, simply put it isn't. Apple's DIS is on a whole new level, often being compared with true OIS especially in video, all things aside the iPhone does beat most(if not all) 8 MP and below Windows Phones, anything above that is debatable and based on preferences.

Also some of you need to learn the difference between an iPhone 5 and 5S, also the difference between traditional LED flashes, dual LED and Apple(and HTC) amber and LED flashes.

In short, there is no right answer to which smartphone is better for photography, it depends on your preferences.

you really hate windows phone and cannot give credit where due , can you?
next youll say the Retina display isnt a traditional amoled and how it is actually better than my 820 display(820 display is one of the best ive ever seen-especially the crisp blacks and vivid colours)

about megapixels,in this case they do matter because kids like you dont know how the Pureview tech works-
its a 41mp sensor which takes a 5mp shot+34/38mp shots
the 5mp is actually a downscaled 41mp shot so it beats ANY camera phone in the market even if iphone gets more megapixels

its very easy to read about photography off the internet,but if you have it in your degree course,you actually understand and analize with the knowledge which is why your megapixel anaolgy is invalid here

though its true for other lumias- 720s 6.7mp can beat 90% of 8mp cameras found on other phones and is the best lowlight phone yet,often beating its other siblings in low light(only low light,not overall etc)
820/920s 8.7mp beats most 13mp cameras with ease
the 830s 10mp beats xperias 20mp exmor sensor
the 1520/930s 20mp is the best overall camera sensor
the 1020 is the best sensor but most prefer the more balanced 20mp sensor found on the 930/1520

you seem to forget about the wide range of other lumias such as the 1520,930,830,730,720,820,920 etc with carl zeiss lens and sensors based off the pureview sensor to provide a balanced sensor overall

i can compare an iphone 4 with a 730 tommorow and forget all about the newer iphones , if the iphone 6 can be compared with the 1020 forgetting the other lumias

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
7-8 People out of 10 who mite tend to BUY 1020 will be photo enthusiasts.
Normal person would'nt want a gigantic camera on the phone.

which is exactly why the galaxy zoom is even more ridiculous!! :D
though personally i myself dont like the 1020 ,nexus 5 and N8s bulging sensors as its easier to damage

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh this thread's still running?

Anyways what I am going to say having observed many of the responses you guys have given, is that many of you do not know much about photography. No offence but you need to read up more on it.

I'll admit that my knowledge on photography isn't complete either. But many of you keep going on to say the same thing, MEGAPIXELS* MEGAPIXELS* on and on...

Simply put if megapixels we're everything wouldn't that mean the Lumia 925 and iPhone 5S/iPhone 6 have the same type of results? In short, they don't. iPhone flat out beats it.

The OP should have specified that "he" considered the iPhone the best cameraphone for him, and not say it was universal.

But from the points you have read from the OP's post you can at least conclude that the iPhone is the best cameraphone for the majority of people, while 1020 would be for the enthusiasts.

Simply put the way people take photos is that they go someplace, take out a phone and take a few photos in a few seconds of themselves. They just need a camera that works, and works fast and accurately. Not one which can either screw up your shot or make it look great depending on how fortunate you are with the software.

Also RAW shooting is something which enthusiasts would do, not the general population that buys a phone for photography.

The 1020 has a great camera, no doubt. But read some comparisons and on "Auto" mode, the iPhone usually beats it in most real life conditions such as portrait shooting because of more natural colours.

As far as those people here who say that their 1320 is comparable or any other, simply put it isn't. Apple's DIS is on a whole new level, often being compared with true OIS especially in video, all things aside the iPhone does beat most(if not all) 8 MP and below Windows Phones, anything above that is debatable and based on preferences.

Also some of you need to learn the difference between an iPhone 5 and 5S, also the difference between traditional LED flashes, dual LED and Apple(and HTC) amber and LED flashes.

In short, there is no right answer to which smartphone is better for photography, it depends on your preferences.

So you want this thread closed too?
1020 might be for enthusiasts, but that doesn't change the fact that it still has the best camera in a smartphone. As far as taking quick shots, let denim roll out to 1020. If iPhone had more natural colours than 1020, wouldn't iPhones camera be better? Did you forget about the zooming? If iPhone has less zooming, it still takes good quality photos, right? Also you don't know the differences between a xenon flash & dual led flash, so no point arguing with you. If a WP has the best camera, you'll say its for enthusiasts, or it takes more time taking pictures, how much more time, how many minutes/hours more? If someone doesn't have a great knowledge on photography he still can take best photos without adjustments in 1020. Megapixels doesn't matter right, so why are all the companies coming up with a higher megapixels in a phone? Megapixels primarily matter in a phone, then comes the rest of the things like sensor, sensitivity of a camera. But you won't get it as you are a WP hater, if WP has something good/better than other OSes, you are always there to bash WP.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter how much sensor size you have, it's the manual controls.

If pixels don't matter, and sensor sizes don't matter, then what matters? Surely you're not saying the iPhone or Lumia takes better pictures than a full frame, APS-c, or even a 4/3 chip. I think the 1020 can compete in image quality of a lower end DSLR, but certainly not if you have high end glass and a competent photographer.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, manual controls can still give better photos. That's how I think of it until I see a better camera phone.

Agreed, a lot of people are judging which camera is better using full auto mode and flash, which certainly doesn't tell the tale of pure image quality.

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Didn't read all of our but I think that iPhones screen maybe slow better colors then Lumia. But oh a computer Lumia 1020 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~~>> iPhone

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, we are pushing 8 pages of this and I didn't see the OP's Iphone 6 photos. Did I just miss them or were we duped into discussing the 1020 again?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
^people will try and justify their iphone purchase by putting across points which make no sense
even the shutter speed thing was still ok,
image quality etc is >>>>>>>>>>>>>iphone

I am wondering DxO review: "Apple set gold standard for smartphone image quality" - it seems that it did not do that (not perfect, either natural colors) ....

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Even after repeatedly saying that iPhone 6 wasn't even able to beat icon/930 in camera tests, some people still won't get it.
I'm just waiting for the camera tests of 830vs iPhone 6. I'm pretty sure denim has a lot of camera improvements & also it has increased the speed of taking photos.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
which is exactly why the galaxy zoom is even more ridiculous!! :D
though personally i myself dont like the 1020 ,nexus 5 and N8s bulging sensors as its easier to damage

The day I bought 1020, friends and collegues were in same mind that it will damage the camera lens.
But after a year, no covers, no cases, no screen guards. My phone still looks like new, touchwood. I bet iPhone would'nt be the same after how i use the phone. NOKIA BUILD QUALITY ROCKS.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
So you think only Lumias have manual controls?

It was 1020 which brought the Manual Controls trend in Phones, Now everyone seem to be following it.
(Actually it was Pro Shot which was introduced for 920 which was the 1st App with manual controls but the OEM app was PRO CAM )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital