12-12-2014 02:55 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    I was playing with my friends phone with lollipop on it today at lunch and I have to say honestly it really is nothing that interest me whatsoever. The OS is just unattractive and not cohesive at all and I really tried to actually get used to it for that entire hour or so.

The only thing I like is the play store design. I wished Microsoft would realize how unattractive the store design is for windows phone......hopefully they will take after windows 10.

But as i said before at least android with lollipop is not as ugly as it used to be
    What is not cohesive about Lollipop compared to Kitkat? If we're talking stock android (which i presume is your case since 5.0 was only released on mostly stock-ish android), Lollipop adds TONS of improvements in terms of fluidity, functionality and design...makes the whole OS 'work together as a whole' better from my experience. There is nothing negative in my experience that was 'removed' from kitkat. If you're talking about Android OS in general not being as 'pretty' or you prefer the design of Windows Phone then you just dont like the OS. But if im not mistaken, if you're the guy who recently went with iOS...saying Android isn't Cohesive or attractive is funny to me...considering iOS8 and Lollipop share more in common than they ever have, and practically look identical at times.
    12-10-2014 11:34 AM
    What is not cohesive about Lollipop compared to Kitkat? If we're talking stock android (which i presume is your case since 5.0 was only released on mostly stock-ish android), Lollipop adds TONS of improvements in terms of fluidity, functionality and design...makes the whole OS 'work together as a whole' better from my experience. There is nothing negative in my experience that was 'removed' from kitkat. If you're talking about Android OS in general not being as 'pretty' or you prefer the design of Windows Phone then you just dont like the OS. But if im not mistaken, if you're the guy who recently went with iOS...saying Android isn't Cohesive or attractive is funny to me...considering iOS8 and Lollipop share more in common than they ever have, and practically look identical at times.
    Yes I'm the guy who chose the iPhone briefly as I am back with my Lumia. But I still think ios8 is far more attractive than lollipop is and you're right I just hate android/google and it sickens me to even have to use it. There are still aspects of the os that really don't feel cohesive such as the settings and various menus and it has so many features yet they seem to be on excess to the point of being overwhelming. While it is visually more attractive, android is still chaos to me.
    12-11-2014 06:15 PM
    Was not interested at first, but I really love notifications now on Android Lolipop
    12-11-2014 06:17 PM
    Was not interested at first, but I really love notifications now on Android Lolipop
    Double click on notification from the lock screen and done! You need to use it for more time.
    12-11-2014 06:20 PM
    Yes I'm the guy who chose the iPhone briefly as I am back with my Lumia. But I still think ios8 is far more attractive than lollipop is and you're right I just hate android/google and it sickens me to even have to use it. There are still aspects of the os that really don't feel cohesive such as the settings and various menus and it has so many features yet they seem to be on excess to the point of being overwhelming. While it is visually more attractive, android is still chaos to me.
    Yes, Android has a lot of option, most of people don't use. But if I need to find a certain setting it seems pretty obvious where to find it. Can you give me an example of a certain setting you would search for that is hard/un-intuitive to find?
    12-12-2014 08:22 AM
    I enjoy reading many of your posts because they are well reasoned however I disagree quite strongly with you on this one.

It seems that your hate for Google is blinding you from seeing obvious Android advantages.

The settings app for Android has almost always been one of it's major advantages, it has been better organised than iOS, and much much better organised than Windows Phone.

1418392665346.jpg

Also with Lollipop it even has a search function, making it significantly better than the one you find on other operations system.

Also the settings app and all stock menus I've found adhere to the Material Design guidelines, so I don't understand your issues there.

Double click on notification from the lock screen and done! You need to use it for more time.
    I love the new notification system as well, but I do wish that we had an option to select the old silent notifications instead of the heads up ones, I like the new ones but some people don't.
    12-12-2014 09:00 AM
    I enjoy reading many of your posts because they are well reasoned however I disagree quite strongly with you on this one.

It seems that your hate for Google is blinding you from seeing obvious Android advantages.

The settings app for Android has almost always been one of it's major advantages, it has been better organised than iOS, and much much better organised than Windows Phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1418392665346.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	90897

Also with Lollipop it even has a search function, making it significantly better than the one you find on other operations system.

Also the settings app and all stock menus I've found adhere to the Material Design guidelines, so I don't understand your issues there.

I love the new notification system as well, but I do wish that we had an option to select the old silent notifications instead of the heads up ones, I like the new ones but some people don't.
    Yeah the new Lolipop settings are looking better than ever. So does the notification center.
    Last edited by Slovenix; 12-12-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    12-12-2014 11:56 AM
    Lollipop notifications is a heaven sent, work very well and offer many options.
    12-12-2014 02:55 PM
83 ... 234