I'll try and keep my post brief and look forward to the community input. I'm dying to pull the trigger on a 950. I'm an att (US) customer, so the single sim version is what I'm looking at to insure I get visual vm. I've gone through my apps, so I don't believe there's anything I won't be able to live without. I love the OS, although I've read through some of the "buggy" issues. My phone is is pretty vanilla. Talking, texting, email, calendar, some browsing, plenty of music (mostly on an sd card in the 950 scenario), social networking (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram). Also plenty of pics and video. So, with that said, where are my biggest issues/challenges in making the change? I don't think continoum will be a major benefit (although nice, I don't see a big use for me).

Thanks in advance for the replies and input!
    01-28-2016 09:35 AM
    If you're not tied into your apps, then it'll be fine, phones do pretty much the same thing in different ways really.

The problems come when there's certain features or ways of working that people just can't seem to break out of ("feature xyz doesn't work on my Lumia, it's terrible, why can't Microsoft do something that's so fundamental, the whole OS is garbage, etc., etc., etc.").

If your flexible and willing to learn something new, then go ahead and make the jump.
    Last edited by Pete; 01-29-2016 at 02:42 AM.
    01-28-2016 09:42 AM
    The problems come when there's certain features or ways of working that people just can't seem to break out of ("feature xyz doesn't work on my Lumia, it's terrible, why can't Microsoft do something that's so fundamental, the whole OS is garbage, etc., etc., etc.").
    I think you're right about that. Much of what I've been reading in here seems as you describe, sometimes even making me think of spoiled kids whining.
    01-28-2016 10:14 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 (work) and a Lumia 950. I never fallback to my 6 for anything. From the way you explain it, I think you are pretty safe. Are you going to be selling the 6+?
    01-28-2016 10:37 AM
    I'm waiting for the arrival of my Lumia 950. I'm used to being a "beta tester" for BB 10 so I'm in with eyes wide open on the Lumia. Pretty much what Pete said is accurate.
    01-28-2016 09:34 PM
    I have had the Lumia 950 since launch, it's a great phone and I have no regrets purchasing it. It was buggy the first month but now it fine. It's a great balance between an iPhone and an android. With the windows phone I still have control of files and transfers, but it's not a jumbled mess like an android.
    Brandon Sobotta likes this.
    01-28-2016 10:44 PM
    I have had my 950 for a couple of days and it's running great. No complaints at all.
    01-29-2016 02:23 AM
    It only depends if you are willing to go over the buggy and unfinished OS. The phone itself is great, feels nice and the camera is awesome. But again: apps and the OS will give you headaches. If you can go past this, it's gonna be fine.
    k72 likes this.
    01-29-2016 05:37 AM
    Using the lumia 950 ds since a month now...was using lumia 1020 earlier...The phone is working great getting good battery life aswell...i also have lg g4 as 2nd phone which i mainly use for apps and work...
    My lumia 950ds is my main phone...lot of work calls whats app....20 apps on background...windows hello and hey cortana active...iam very happy with my purchase...
    With every os and firmware updates phone is just getting better and better

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-29-2016 06:26 AM
    Using the lumia 950 ds since a month now...was using lumia 1020 earlier...The phone is working great getting good battery life aswell...i also have lg g4 as 2nd phone which i mainly use for apps and work...
    My lumia 950ds is my main phone...lot of work calls whats app....20 apps on background...windows hello and hey cortana active...iam very happy with my purchase...
    With every os and firmware updates phone is just getting better and better

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    What is keeping you for using the 950 only? I see that you have a second phone as well.
    01-29-2016 06:45 AM
    Lumia 950 is a good phone. Almost no one would regret unless you have an app dependency. It will only get better with time.
    01-29-2016 10:29 AM
    Been using 950 for a couple of weeks and love it!! Sick and tired of iOS and android - its boring for me. Windows10 is very refreshing and I use my phone primarily for business - talk, text, email and browing a lot, If fits the bill perfectly. Not heavy into apps , so it doesn't bother me. Notifications on the glance screen is wonderful - so if you're a business user, this phone is perfect and looks great as well.

Go and get one!!
    01-29-2016 12:38 PM
    Been using 950 for a couple of weeks and love it!! Sick and tired of iOS and android - its boring for me.
    I completely understand this feeling, although mine has become the opposite. I've been with WP since I loaded WP7on my HD2. Now I'm so bored with the layout and live tiles that don't always work. When I got an iPhone it was like WOW! A whole new fun world. It can be fun to switch it up every few years so you don't feel bored with an OS. I'm sure after a few years on iPhone I'll get bored and switch to another.
    k72 likes this.
    01-29-2016 12:58 PM
    What is keeping you for using the 950 only? I see that you have a second phone as well.
    I have to use an iPhone for work, because that's why they give us. :(
    01-29-2016 02:43 PM
    I have to use an iPhone for work, because that's why they give us. :(
    good for you, at least it doesn't reboot on it's own and has a stable OS
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    01-30-2016 02:36 AM
    My 950 Stopped rebooting a while ago. Near the end of December. I think the "biggest" issue I have is outlook crashing every so often.
    02-01-2016 09:31 AM