Deciding on 950 vs my current 6+

hokap

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll try and keep my post brief and look forward to the community input. I'm dying to pull the trigger on a 950. I'm an att (US) customer, so the single sim version is what I'm looking at to insure I get visual vm. I've gone through my apps, so I don't believe there's anything I won't be able to live without. I love the OS, although I've read through some of the "buggy" issues. My phone is is pretty vanilla. Talking, texting, email, calendar, some browsing, plenty of music (mostly on an sd card in the 950 scenario), social networking (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram). Also plenty of pics and video. So, with that said, where are my biggest issues/challenges in making the change? I don't think continoum will be a major benefit (although nice, I don't see a big use for me).

Thanks in advance for the replies and input!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're not tied into your apps, then it'll be fine, phones do pretty much the same thing in different ways really.

The problems come when there's certain features or ways of working that people just can't seem to break out of ("feature xyz doesn't work on my Lumia, it's terrible, why can't Microsoft do something that's so fundamental, the whole OS is garbage, etc., etc., etc.").

If your flexible and willing to learn something new, then go ahead and make the jump.

Last edited:

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The problems come when there's certain features or ways of working that people just can't seem to break out of ("feature xyz doesn't work on my Lumia, it's terrible, why can't Microsoft do something that's so fundamental, the whole OS is garbage, etc., etc., etc.").

I think you're right about that. Much of what I've been reading in here seems as you describe, sometimes even making me think of spoiled kids whining.

Brandon Sobotta

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 (work) and a Lumia 950. I never fallback to my 6 for anything. From the way you explain it, I think you are pretty safe. Are you going to be selling the 6+?

blackburberry

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting for the arrival of my Lumia 950. I'm used to being a "beta tester" for BB 10 so I'm in with eyes wide open on the Lumia. Pretty much what Pete said is accurate.

Elfonzerio

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I have had the Lumia 950 since launch, it's a great phone and I have no regrets purchasing it. It was buggy the first month but now it fine. It's a great balance between an iPhone and an android. With the windows phone I still have control of files and transfers, but it's not a jumbled mess like an android.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It only depends if you are willing to go over the buggy and unfinished OS. The phone itself is great, feels nice and the camera is awesome. But again: apps and the OS will give you headaches. If you can go past this, it's gonna be fine.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Using the lumia 950 ds since a month now...was using lumia 1020 earlier...The phone is working great getting good battery life aswell...i also have lg g4 as 2nd phone which i mainly use for apps and work...
My lumia 950ds is my main phone...lot of work calls whats app....20 apps on background...windows hello and hey cortana active...iam very happy with my purchase...
With every os and firmware updates phone is just getting better and better

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Using the lumia 950 ds since a month now...was using lumia 1020 earlier...The phone is working great getting good battery life aswell...i also have lg g4 as 2nd phone which i mainly use for apps and work...
My lumia 950ds is my main phone...lot of work calls whats app....20 apps on background...windows hello and hey cortana active...iam very happy with my purchase...
With every os and firmware updates phone is just getting better and better

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

What is keeping you for using the 950 only? I see that you have a second phone as well.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Been using 950 for a couple of weeks and love it!! Sick and tired of iOS and android - its boring for me. Windows10 is very refreshing and I use my phone primarily for business - talk, text, email and browing a lot, If fits the bill perfectly. Not heavy into apps , so it doesn't bother me. Notifications on the glance screen is wonderful - so if you're a business user, this phone is perfect and looks great as well.

Go and get one!!

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Been using 950 for a couple of weeks and love it!! Sick and tired of iOS and android - its boring for me.
I completely understand this feeling, although mine has become the opposite. I've been with WP since I loaded WP7on my HD2. Now I'm so bored with the layout and live tiles that don't always work. When I got an iPhone it was like WOW! A whole new fun world. It can be fun to switch it up every few years so you don't feel bored with an OS. I'm sure after a few years on iPhone I'll get bored and switch to another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon