06-02-2017 05:54 AM
142 12345 ...
tools
    I'm using the Oneplus 3T midnight black 128 and I love the device using dark mode plus you can switch the accent color to whatever you like I'm using green right now. Arow Launcher with Microsoft apps Groove News and other ms apps but I still return to my Hp Elite X3 but I love the 3t so its the best of both worlds for me right now. Microsoft should have partnered with Oneplus instead of Samsung the phone is perfect for Windows fans in my opinion.
    libra89 and ienfik like this.
    05-03-2017 06:54 PM
    Simply put, as people transition to Android or iPhones, the app gap will become noticed more and more. This will prevent people from coming back to W10Mobile. So, MS did themselves a disservice by not even attempting to keep people invested in W10M.
    Why? The UWP isn't a mobile phone platform.
    05-03-2017 06:58 PM
    I've been running Android for some time, like 13/18 months respectively for my GS7 and LG G4. Personally it has been very stable, predictable, consistent, with no app-gap issues per se. In those time periods only one reset for each, ever, and no noticeable degradation in performance either after many months of use. Overall real happy with my experience on Droid, and no I am not insinuating they are perfect but they have worked out well for me... Was a Droid user "back when" too so we're not new to the platform.

On the WM front, have the 830, 650 and 950. Lots to like yet finding the app-gap has began to infringed on my daily needs/wants. Also finding the performance of the 950 not living up to "my" expectations and put the blame mostly on the OS for this one.The 650 ended up being my best ergonomic phone of all time (size/weight) and still is, just too bad its low specs along with the OS don't quite do it justice, at the moment it's still a capable phone though. Not much to say about our ol' 830 other than it's still handling 10 well, and camera has been it's strongest asset for me.

At the present time I'm pretty confident in saying, Android will be my go-to phone of choice in the coming future, that which I'll depend on the most to get the job done. WM, weeell, we like to revisit often, yet unless there are some drastic changes I can't see much hope this fella will be investing in another.
    05-03-2017 08:56 PM
    Start screen: Yes, I miss square tiles on windows, but there is a decent replacement that the developer can make nearly perfect with some tweaks. My home screen is a nice vertical scroll with low energy widgets. Even the icons for some apps will flip and show the notification content, others show the count. Swipe to the right and then I have the vertical list of apps (this is what needs work, there’s no jump list). MS dropped the ball on interactive/exploding tiles IMO. Maybe this is coming at build this year. I think this would make the live tiles much more useful both on mobile and on desktop where I think they are useless currently. Power users don’t open their start window more than for
    Thanks for this thread. I've recently put aside my 950 and been trying out a S8 for the last week. I've been on WinMobile since my Cingular 8525...so, a LONG time 😀

I'm interested to hear more about the launcher and widgets you reference. I took a lot of time last weekend really de-googlefying my S8. While I'm now running as much of an MS experience on Android as I could get setup (Outlook, Cortana, Onedrive, Office, Groove, Arrow launcher, OneNote, To-Do, Skype Preview and Skype for Business, MSN News, MSN Money, MSN Sports, etc.) but....I REALLY miss Live Tiles and UI consistency. Can you share detail, maybe a screenshot, of what you've done with your UX?
    Laura Knotek and nasznjoka like this.
    05-03-2017 09:17 PM
    Switched from 950xl to Pixel XL...Love it. Don't get me wrong, I loved WM from HTC 8x onward. Everyone always says lack of apps is no big deal, sorry but I love all of the apps available, stability of 7.1.2 and the Pixel has one of the best cameras around. No regrets. Wife converted to Galaxy 7 Edge, loves as well.
    05-03-2017 09:36 PM
  6. Asybuhari Hakim Mohamed Johari's Avatar
    Just returned back on W10Mobile this week . Its my trusted Lumia 430 (previously Lumia 1320)

To recap I use my smartphone just for calls/text, social media interactions (Only Facebook and its Messenger, LinkedIn & Whatsapp) and general browsing. My experience ranged from Symbian S60+ (Nokia E63) to Android Froyo (Galaxy Ace) to Windows 8.0 onwards with Lumia 1320 and Lumia 430

Even after I've replaced my L1320 (2015, when it flung by my baby girl out of the window) with L430 (it was the only ones that I can afford), it was more than adequate. The fluidity/stability of Win 8.1 Mobile remains the same, whether on Snapdragon 400 (L1320) or the Snapdragon 200 (L430)

Then W10Mobile came, it nearly destroyed my faith in Microsoft. It stutters a lot, but I persevere... the UI (with its live tiles) got me hooked... It was partially saved when Anniversary Update came. Although the phone stabilize (i.e. no frequent reboot required) but the fluidity were gone.... not to mentioned that the new Facebook app requires at least 2GB of RAM to work properly

Then came 2017, where I direly needed to be in Uber's Partner program to boost my earnings, that I made the tough choice of moving to Android (Alcatel Flash Plus 2 running Marshmallow 6.0).

Although it was running fine (the 32GB internal + 3 GB RAM ensures that), it still miss something. The notifications were cluttered and I have to open app just to get a glance of information it offers... something Win Mobiles offers in a glance with its Live Tiles.

To cut the story short, The Uber Partner program was not for me + my wife's Android phone are dying... so I just flip the Flash to her and finds myself back into my trusty L430. This time, committed to the Insider Program (Slow ring), it manage to install Creator Update, and it was a God sent! It improved the stability a lot...

Sorry for the long story... but what I learn by flipping into Android is that although the app store contains gazillion apps than Windows own, all of the app that I need also available as well on W10M.... Yeah, the Facebook app still irritates me, but now I'm using Slimsocial for facebook access so I'm well off (I can live without its notifications anyway)

For me, I don't need the Continuum or Cortana (since my region is not supported anyway)... so the L430 worked well for me for now... here's hoping that at least there some sliver of hope that somehow... just somehow a sub-$250 windows phone running Win10M (or Win10onARM or what have you) with 2GB RAM will surface soon (no puns intended)

or... that I can scrounge enough to get me Lumia 950 or HP x3 (Alcatel Idol not available in my region) before my L430 melts anytime soon....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-03-2017 10:13 PM
    Windows Mobile "Less is More"
    05-03-2017 11:14 PM
    Noticed an odd thing on the way home today. I had my X3 running Waze and streaming an Audible book. Plugged in my S6, and the car decided to cut the Bluetooth off from my X3 and start Android Auto. Ugh.

Sent from mTalk
    nasznjoka likes this.
    05-03-2017 11:23 PM
    I really love the UI of Windows Phone, its functional and informative at the same time. I started with android on smartphones then bought a second hand windows phone and good lord I was amaze how smooth this OS is, it just works and I feel comfortable, I love how more of swiping gesture and navigation the OS has compared to click and tap of other OS. I even sales talk my family and friends. Now my brother an android user always tells me how he miss the look and feel of windows phone and its apps. We had the same gripe why we switch, apps. But if this OS will be resurrected with bountiful app support I will really jump the gun. Really hoping for its resurrection since I feel great using it. Currently looking at Sailfish OS because of the full swiping and hand gesture navigation with out clicking navigation. If ever Windows mobile will be resurrected please look how Sailfish OS do its navigation it feels good and futuristic, this is what touch screens are mad for.
    05-04-2017 12:04 AM
    Has anybody of you tried the "Tiles"-Launchers that are offered? Do they clean up the Android-UI-Mess at least a little bit?
    05-04-2017 01:15 AM
    I'm interested to hear more about the launcher and widgets you reference. I took a lot of time last weekend really de-googlefying my S8. While I'm now running as much of an MS experience on Android as I could get setup (Outlook, Cortana, Onedrive, Office, Groove, Arrow launcher, OneNote, To-Do, Skype Preview and Skype for Business, MSN News, MSN Money, MSN Sports, etc.) but....I REALLY miss Live Tiles and UI consistency. Can you share detail, maybe a screenshot, of what you've done with your UX?
    Your original question was to EliteMikes, but here's a photo of SquareHome 2 launcher's live tiles on my Moto G4:

microsoft-edition-moto-g4.jpg

It is free, has no ads, and I do not have any of the premium features installed. Even without them, it can make Android's UI look and feel very similar to Windows phones.

To be honest, its "live tiles" using SquareHome are actually better than on Windows 10 Mobile. They are more configurable in regards to size, color, transparency, and even font size. They are more robust in that the notifications don't get "stuck" on the tile when you have read, say, an email or Instagram message, as they often did for me in W10M.

Even better, the notifications and badges clear on the live tile when you swipe away the notifications in the Notification Center! You can also "turn off" live tiles for applications, something you can do in W10 for PC but not W10M.

Some of my "tiles" are actually Android widgets. This includes the tiles for Photos, Outlook calendar, Groove Music, and MSN Weather. You can embed these widgets in the tiles and shrink them down as I did so they don't look totally ugly.

Here's a quick YouTube video I posted of SquareHome's tile flipping, badges, and notifications:

I have no association with the SquareHome launcher. I am only sharing my honest opinion as it has "saved" Android for me, being a Windows phone user/fan since 2012.
    Last edited by Felix Wong; 05-04-2017 at 01:49 AM.
    05-04-2017 01:35 AM
    Your original question was to EliteMikes, but here's a photo of SquareHome 2 launcher's live tiles on my Moto G4:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	microsoft-edition-moto-g4.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	135515

It is free, has no ads, and I do not have any of the premium features installed. Even without them, it can make Android's UI look and feel very similar to Windows phones.

To be honest, its "live tiles" using SquareHome are actually better than on Windows 10 Mobile. They are more configurable in regards to size, color, transparency, and even font size. They are more robust in that the notifications don't get "stuck" on the tile when you have read, say, an email or Instagram message, as they often did for me in W10M.

Even better, the notifications and badges clear on the live tile when you swipe away the notifications in the Notification Center! You can also "turn off" live tiles for applications, something you can do in W10 for PC but not W10M.

Some of my "tiles" are actually Android widgets. This includes the tiles for Photos, Outlook calendar, Groove Music, and MSN Weather. You can embed these widgets in the tiles and shrink them down as I did so they don't look totally ugly.

Here's a quick YouTube video I posted of SquareHome's tile flipping, badges, and notifications:

I have no association with the SquareHome launcher. I am only sharing my honest opinion as it has "saved" Android for me, being a Windows phone user/fan since 2012.
    that looks like a dogs breakfast. Can you at least kill the brown?
    05-04-2017 02:00 AM
    I switched from Windows Phone Lumia 830 to Android Moto Z Play. My observations below-

Apps: Surely better and consistent on Android compared to WP. E.g Facebook and even LinkedIn apps are way lot better on Android. LinkedIn search never worked for me on WP, but on Android it works flawless. Besides some of local apps are available only on Android.

Maps: Maps for my Country/City was very inconsistent in WP. It never detected my home location correctly. It display my location name as some other place which was 4-5 Km away from me. This location issue affected apps like Weather, cab booking (Uber) and e-com (Amazon) as all apps also detected my location incorrectly. Google Maps detects my location accurately.

Media Players: MX Player on Android plays almost everything without hang/lag while WP struggled to play some video formats.
    05-04-2017 02:05 AM
    I had the following Windows Phones/Mobile before switching to Android: Xperia X1 (WM6.1), HTC HD7, Lumia 920, Lumia 1320, Lumia 930, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 950XL. So safe to say I used WP/M a lot.

The 950XL was my last WP, before making the switch to OnePlus 3T.

How does it affect me as an app developer?
    I published over 20 apps to the WP store, with several having thousands of users. None of my apps have ads, and there are only I think 2 paid apps among them. Even with all the user, the revenue on the store is abysmal. The other apps are a 'free to use, but donate if you can' model. And barely anyone donates, even if the app is rated 4+ stars on the store. So it's a good app, but people using WP just don't want to give money to developers. And no revenue on the store means no apps, so WP users are partially to blame for the downfall of WP. They don't want to spend money in the store but expect high quality apps from top developers, it just doesn't work that way.

I maybe made 100 euro in revenue from the store, but if I subtract the costs I made to make the apps I'm making a loss. If you'd count how much money it would've took to make the apps by average wages, I'm making thousands of euros loss.

So there isn't much incentive to build for WP or W10, as it will cost money instead of earning money.

Also, the API's are too restricted compared to iOS and Android. I develop apps for all three platforms, but will only be updating the Windows updates to fix major bugs. I'm now turning my attention to Android (and partially iOS).

What do I miss the most?
    The live tiles, I'm using the Arrow Launcher by Microsoft on my 3T, but you just can"t compare it to live tiles. They're great for an at a glance view, and don't compare to Android widgets. The only upside of Android widgets is that you can interact with them, which is not possible with live tiles.

How about the notifications?
    Notifications on Android are miles ahead, there's so much you can do with them. Developers can fully customize them so they have loads of functionality.
    The phone also actually alerts me with traffic info, weather updates, ... that are reliable. Unlike Cortana who did it when she was in a good mood, the 3T does it always at the right times (when I actually need it).

Apps?
    They're all there. And they work, very very well. No crashing, loading/resuming..., fully featured. There's no comparison to the WP apps.

Voice assistant?
    Cortana is good, but Ok Google is better at tracking conversations. The only thing that doesn't work is saying 'Ok Google' when the screen is locked, because this only works on Google phones.

Camera?
    Fast and works well, no loading/resuming... before it launches.

Glance screen?
    Is also available, and is much more useful. The best feature about it is that you can draw gestures on the phone to perform actions. For example drawing a V on your locked phone (so screen is completely black) toggles the flashlight. Drawing || with two fingers play/pauses the music, > plays the next song, ...

Bluetooth?
    Amazing. It actually works without having to reboot the phone. It always automatically connects within a reasonable time to things like my car, without having to touch the phone.
    The best thing about it is 'trusted devices', these are bluetooth devices that stop your phone from locking. So for example when you add your car as a trusted device, you can double tap to unlock your phone while driving. It won't ask for your PIN or fingerprint.
    When you disconnect from the car, you'll need to enter your PIN or fingerprint again to unlock your phone.

All in all, I wouldn"t turn back to WP unless it's at least as good as an Android, feature and app wise.
    Felix Wong and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-04-2017 02:52 AM
    I switched to android for about 3 weeks, for apps off course, after the 3rd week i couldnt handle this awful os and switched back to windows mobile with my lumia 950 xl, i mean really all i need from my phone to capture great photos, no android does it, the z5 couldnt and its a high end phone, when i switched back, windows os is so flued and the camera never fails you im really sad for what is happening to this great os!
    05-04-2017 03:16 AM
    Previous windows phones: lumia 520, 800, 820, 920, 640, 640 xl, 535, 630.
    (Used ~4 years)

Previous android phones: Galaxy s1, Nexus 4, xperia z2, galaxy s3, lg g3.
    (used ~1 year)

So as you can see I used both os'es enough to form an opinion.

I wrote about my feelings towards wp in lumia forum, so I'll keep it simple: Windows phone and wm10 are gorgeus,well designed (i just like this design language). Phones that carry it have some of the best designs out there (I really like those colors and polycarbonate for some reason). BUT. Yes there's always that 'but'. It's quite useless in 2017... Yes I said it, and although many state otherwise, as much as I like the design of phones and os, I can't deny the fact that it has completely lost to competition and is behind it. Things in the future may change, but as of now apps matter. And apps is excatly the reason all of my friends and last year also me, have abandoned wp. It lacks even the most basic apps like messenger now, yes, you can argue, that flagships in wm10 with 2gb ram have it. But I don't want to pay 200$ for a phone just to be able to use messenger while I can pay 50$ for galaxy s3, flash lineage os and have something similar to 920, but with apps and cheaper (yup, sammys design is inferior to 920, but again, for 50$, who cares?).
    I was a big fan of wp, but it never really took of. It's not someones fault, this just happened, people didn't adopt it as much as they could.

I live in EU, so wp was quite a thing here and I could spot a lot of wps few years ago, but as microsoft was slowly abandoning wp, numbers started to shrink. Many off famous features like cortana were never brought to my region (I'm really upset about it), not even the english version for some reason *urge to swear a lot intensifies*. And many apps are restricted to us for the same unclear reason.

So one day I decided that I simply had enough. Started using android, and liked it really much (closer to stock, the better). I could tinker with my phone so much more (I'm that kind of guy that likes to set up my own clock in my favourite corner of home screen). I missed good parts of wp, but in android there's always something to replace thing you lack. I got really comfortable with android, but few days ago my G3 broke and i had to get back to lumia 630 and it's agonizing so far... It's good to look at but lacking to work with.

Summary:

Wp is lacking as of today, but I hope that one day it'll improve or at least vanish for good.
    Last edited by damonator98; 05-04-2017 at 04:13 AM.
    svknet and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-04-2017 03:39 AM
    The one and only reason I'll ever get an android will be if I get a drone (or someone gifts me one)..

I have testing out a mavic pro... Sadly one can only attach an android or iPhone to the console as visual feed when piloting it

... !!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-04-2017 04:56 AM
    I'm still using a Lumia 950 as my primary phone, which means making calls, working with my company's Exchange-based email, calendar and address book, and using the camera for random shoots in my travels. BUT I need an extra device to assist me in covering the app gap and for this I am using a second device, an Android with a data-only SIM. First, I need a number of travel apps (Tripit, CWT, Kayak, Google Trips, App in the air, PackPoint, airbnb) which are either crippled or do not exist in Windows. Second batch of apps includes e-banking and NFC wallet apps which (in my country) only exist in Android or iOS. Without these apps I would have to carry around plastic credit cards or cash, and stand in bank queues. Third bach includes social media apps (facebook, swarm, pinterest, snapchat etc) which again are either crippled or do not exist in Windows. For example the ability for facebook live feed or 360 photos is amazingly popular in my cycle and I cannot be left out.
    05-04-2017 05:12 AM
    Putting it simple, I left Windows 10 Mobile because Microsoft decided to develop a product for enterprises and I am not one. Enterprises need basic functionality so their workers can work (it's not designed so they can have fun). The OS is Damn pretty but Damn unstable and unreliable. The app gap was never an issue as most of the time we had alternatives that were even better than official apps. Windows 10 Mobile was a failure because MS thought about PC and Xbox One more than they did on Phones. That is understandable because PC and Xbox are great revenue sources... but they should have made a polished, enhanced version of windows phone 8.1 and label it as windows 10 Mobile that might have been better than this W10 Mobile atrocity.

Android is not perfect but it is definitely better than Windows 10 Mobile (Not better than Windows Phone 8.1 leaving apps apart) I decided to buy a Oneplus 3T and I am very happy with it. Would I return to Windows Phone? Sure, if they make good decisions as a matter of fact I am keeping a mid range Windows Phone just to see how they start making things better. Obviousy that phone will not be my daily driver but I will check the platform every now and then. Would I advise everyone to leave Windows Phone? Not at all, I think it is a personal decision, I think it is really a bad thing urging people to leave the platform... If you are comfortable, that's cool. If you're not... It's your choice whether you stay or not. Wise people would not even suggest it.
    Laura Knotek and Neeraj Ashu like this.
    05-04-2017 07:40 AM
    I've been using a galaxy s7 for about 10 months now, from an 830.

The things I've liked better than windows phone is the available apps and the browser.

The things I miss are:
    Dedicated camera button
    Windows keyboard (at some point Samsung updated their keyboard and made the auto correct horrible)
    Battery life is already degrading on the s7 and it's not even a year old
    My 830 without a doubt beat the Samsung at Bluetooth, cell and wifi strength. I can no long talk in my basement without it breaking up, my Bluetooth to my stereo breaks up as soon as I go out my back door and in my driveway i'm consistently on the fringe of wifi where nothing will work.

I also miss little things like when you turn off wifi on windows phone, it asks when you want to turn it back on. On the galaxy s7, sometimes I forget for days.

As a media consumption device, the Samsung is better.
    As a phone the 830 was superior.
    raycpl likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:53 AM
    I think you can do better than SquareHome. On my Sony XPeria XZ, the swipe for apps list is extremely erratic and frankly, the tiles are quite ugly.

Here's that same XZ using Launcher 10.
    lq2k9pg.jpg

Silky smooth action, right-swipe is excellent, all the apps, dual-SIM doesn't break SMS messaging... The tiles are of course sizable down to teeny, up to double-wide and it does folder but this is how I like it. I don't even configure extra columns (although you can).

I'm happy with that. I'd still quite like to be able to attach Cortana to the left-most on screen button and have Cortana listen out for "Hey Cortana" but other than that.. yeah, I got exactly what I wanted.

EDIT - the XZ also has a dedicated camera button....
    IndyJG likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:58 AM
    I had a blackberry curve 8320 (I think), and then a storm that I unlocked to use on tmobile. I jumped at the chance to get an HTC HD7 when it launched. Stayed with it until 7.8 released. I enjoyed how snappy the os was. It was so easy to post to multiple places with the me tile. Then I upgraded to a lumia 521 with wp8. They changed that and I now had to use separate apps to post the same thing in multiple places.

At some point I upgraded again to a 925. Nice phone but same issues that I had gotten use to already after a few years. Only real downside was storage space and lack of an sd slot. Started having problems with it so I went to see about the HTC one m8 for windows. T-Mobile rep said they no longer sell it in store and it's not available on the web. Great. Settled for a one m9 running Android. Stuck with that for a year or two and now have a galaxy s7.

I like having the apps that wp never got or got pulled. I do miss it at times but I don't think I could go back after 4-5 years now.
    05-04-2017 10:03 AM
    I switched from a 950XL to a Pixel. I've been a Windows Mobile user since the Lumia 800. I've loved my phones and my OS SO MUCH. But I am not seeing the support, especially after Balmer's exit, that competes with the main players. Watching more and more apps fall off of the "Supports Windows 10 Mobile" list was getting to be too much. But then first-party players started giving me trouble. The keyboard has nosedived in usability with every successive update (it was best in 8.1, honestly. Autocorrect worked much better, choosing words worked much better...). Features keep dropping. It's becoming less useful every day. So I made the jump. I auditioned an iPhone 6s Plus for a bit (I know this is a luxury and most people don't get to, but I had the opportunity so I took it). I *hated* it. I can see why people like it, but the OS gets in the way far more often than it should. Sharing is a pain. Casting is a pain. The battery life on the 6s Plus was awful, too. Which is odd, because battery has been an Apple badge of honor for years. I returned it and just blindly plunged into the Pixel based solely on camera reviews. And it's been a complete net positive experience. Android used to be clunky and unpleasant to use. The newest version is a world apart. It's fast and mostly stays out of my way. Having access to apps as a first-tier platform is kind of amazing. Aside from a few hipster-ish companies in film making, everything is on Android. And it's far more stable than it used to be, and more stable than Win 10 Mobile (that's more MS's fault than Android's bragging right). I miss a few things. Especially the WM Outlook client. Nothing touches it. But I've heard since I left it's gotten a bit less awesome on WP anyway.

So would I recommend leaving? It depends on what you want out of your phone. But the writing is on the wall. It's probably not going to be a choice for much longer.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-04-2017 12:48 PM
    Android slows to Lagdroid in a year - time to by yet another droid?
    No!
    These Droids are NOT what you are looking for [ Jedi hand wave ]

It's iPhone or Windows phone depending on your desktop: Mac or PC
    Security:
    It's iPhone or Windows phone
    Usability:
    Sailfish OS wins with mini apps the Android with Widgets, finally Windows phone with Live Tiles (pinned from many apps)
    iPhone is a mere launcher icon feature phone resembling 100 USD Asha Models or old Nokia X
    The app gap
    depends on person... iPhone wins when Snapchat is your thing, Android lagging behind
    Finnish university students can't use Windows phone apps nor UWP apps because developers did finally abandon Windows in Finland too.
    They simply forgot the full Windows tablets as the most preferable device! - iDiots! - UWP support is a must!
    Company usage:
    PC & Windows phone - from HP! - or Mac & iPhone from Apple
    Android? - A security flaw so bad that the CIO will be Retired (by a Blade Runner)
    NOTE
    These are just my (quick+short) opinions from my personal perspective AND as a consult since CP/M
    Drael646464 likes this.
    05-04-2017 02:08 PM
    I've been a Windows Mobole/Phone user forever and finally gave up my 930 for a Samsung S8 with LED cover last week. So far been very happy.

Took a few days to get used to, but now got everything to my liking.

All my usual MS apps worked out of the box (except linking my outlook.com account to phone contacts for calls and calls - I had to copy them to my gmail account).

Had to Google how to answer phone calls after missing a few (you can't just press the green answer button - you have to swipe it to the middle of the phone!!)

I've set up Samsung Pay and it works a treat to tap and pay by credit card and scan my loyalty cards. No more wallet!

I can now use all those little apps like remote controls for my LG TV and uploading photos from my Nikon D750 SLR without thinking. I didn't really miss them before but a nice bonus.

I've realised how creepy Google really is stalking you everywhere you go. I don't really care about this and enjoying the benefits it gives you. Google Assistant has understood me perfectly so far. I could never even turn on Hey Cortana on my 930 (bug with conflicting language packs in Australia). Ironically she installs fine on my S8 but I'll probably never use her as Assistant seems so much more powerful already.

I'll keep a watching interest on MS developments, but doubt I'll be back in a hurry. They finally lost me!
    nasznjoka and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    05-04-2017 03:07 PM
142 12345 ...