Back with a windows phone... S8 android

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
See my questions above, what exactly is offending you about me sharing what is working for me as a windows user using android due to the winding down of Windows Phone?
My comment wasn't directed at you. Even if it was, this is a forum where we ALL get to share our opinions. Disagreeing with an opinion doesn't equate being offended.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
? What is your issue with what I have shared? That I shouldn't like it? Or shouldn't share my thoughts?

Pretty sure the "issue" is saying an S8 Android is a Windows Phone as you did in the title.

It's still an Android, you just put a bunch of MS Apps on there and skinned it with a launcher.

I.E.: False Equivalency.

Great that it works for you and you like it, but it still isn't a "Windows Phone" in any real sense.

mrpcpro

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually on a Samsung S5 after giving up on my Idol 4s. It's a good phone, but Microsoft apps work better on Android than they do on Windows phone. This is a fact. Groove music is faster to load, and fonts are much better. The Bing app on Android is amazing. I use it all the time. Cortana needs some work to become the main assistant, but it barely responds to me on my Windows phone. Outlook and One drive have no issues, and the Arrow launcher is pretty smooth. Widgets aren't as nice as Windows Phone. I've also installed MSN News and Weather. I will wait for Surface Phone, but I get the feeling it's going to be out of my price range?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Nova launcher since like the 2nd month of owning my Note3. Just saw this arrow launcher and it is quite good. I have now switched to arrow and see nothing that nova was able to do that Arrow does not do better. I do not get the feeling of being on a WP too much though. The widgets are nice though. I will need to play with it some more to see if I can get that live tile feeling back in some way. I still miss the genius simplicity of the WP OS. But when the world runs on apps and you have almost no apps, that is a problem.

This is the direction MSFT may need to pursue. Find a way to skin android and retain the windows phone user base and possibly grab some more. Problem with blackberry is that the phones are just not what most consumers want. They get their great blackberry interface they liked, but the phones are just not good enough to convert anyone. I almost, almost jumped onto a passport. Went to try one out and loved the way it felt. But I just did not want to get stuck with another WP7.8 device. My Note3 is 4 years old at this point. Before that I had the HTC Titan which was a brand new phone and somehow the hardware was insufficient to run wp8. Basically had to jump ship at that point. So that stung. Before that I had an iphone 3g. So I do not cycle phones often. When I like a phone, I stick with it. I have been upset at samsung for not supporting the Note3 just like HTC/MSFT did not support my Titan. My Note3 got only 1 OS update as well. Went from 4.3 to 5.0 and that was it. So again, I was snubbed. And this time by the largest phone maker on the planet. Luckily the android store basically supports almost all versions of android. So almost all, if not all apps on the store are compatible with my 4 year old phone. Conversely, my wp was no longer getting new apps after wp8 launched. So although my phone OS never got updated, at least I was still able to get apps. My WP didn't get either. This was the main reason behind my switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes