Came to Windows Phone because of the camera, but agree with this

PeaceNik

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
In terms of features Lumia Denim definitely beats the Apple iPhone, however the speed of the iPhone is probably still unmatched.

But Lumia is probably better because it provides a balance between speed and feature with very detailed results.

The only thing that annoys me are the constant stutters in the app.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The iphone is already beaten, not sure why people are still trying to "beat" it. Or am I the only one without iphone envy?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The iphone is already beaten, not sure why people are still trying to "beat" it. Or am I the only one without iphone envy?

It's good to have a target else people get complacent.

Any idea of timing comparison: 930/830 to iPhone? Time to load camera and be ready to shoot and time to take a shot (between shots)?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, this was one of the few articles that make me cringe.

Its been a while since I read that, but I don't want to give them another hit, so I'll try to remember (If anyone has that site that pulls the page and hosts it so they wont get clicks, please share it)

The sole Lumia mention IIRC is a false implication, that the head of whatever switched from 1520 to 6+ because of photography. Why not change of employer? Other experience. Kind of an underhanded cherrypick IMHO.

Eh, the comments are nice IMO.

that's not to say its wrong, its not wrong. I've handled an iPhone, and the camera launch time is really nice.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's good to have a target else people get complacent.

Any idea of timing comparison: 930/830 to iPhone? Time to load camera and be ready to shoot and time to take a shot (between shots)?

Is that the only criteria for a camera's performance? How about low light flash performance, image quality, zoom capability? Are those not also valid features to have in a camera? Why is it the only requirement now for a good camera is speed, which coincidentally is the one area the iphone excels in, why aren't we judging on ALL criteria and not only the ones handpicked to favor the iphone?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is that the only criteria for a camera's performance? How about low light flash performance, image quality, zoom capability? Are those not also valid features to have in a camera? Why is it the only requirement now for a good camera is speed, which coincidentally is the one area the iphone excels in, why aren't we judging on ALL criteria and not only the ones handpicked to favor the iphone?

I selected those because they are important. Have you never missed a moment on your Lumia? I know I have. 5 seconds from pocket, 5 to load the camera, 3 to select video. 13 seconds is forever. That is why Denims update to instantly long press the camera button for 4k video in seconds is a big thing. I hope Microsoft keep the focus on improving the camera in the future. But even now.. Is denim already quicker?

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I selected those because they are important. Have you never missed a moment on your Lumia? I know I have. 5 seconds from pocket, 5 to load the camera, 3 to select video. 13 seconds is forever. That is why Denims update to instantly long press the camera button for 4k video in seconds is a big thing. I hope Microsoft keep the focus on improving the camera in the future. But even now.. Is denim already quicker?

got denim on my 930. quick very quick. it's instant. imbelieavable quick

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Not saying iPhones' cameras suck, but saying it's the top performing one is downright ignorant. I've handled several of them, and pretty much the only advantage over Lumias is speed, but then Lumia Camera 5 has almost already matched that.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention the fact that iPhones lack camera button.

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I read this line in the article "The standard that must be reached isn’t so much about image quality as it is about quickness, predictability, and reliability — and nobody does those things better than Apple." and just started laughing... Change two words in that sentence and you have something just as true and totally explains our society...

"The standard that must be reached isn’t so much about food quality as it is about quickness, predictability, and reliability — and nobody does those things better than McDonalds." Speed and predictability over quality. Apple the fast food of phones.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I read this line in the article "The standard that must be reached isn?t so much about image quality as it is about quickness, predictability, and reliability ? and nobody does those things better than Apple." and just started laughing... Change two words in that sentence and you have something just as true and totally explains our society...

"The standard that must be reached isn?t so much about food quality as it is about quickness, predictability, and reliability ? and nobody does those things better than McDonalds." Speed and predictability over quality. Apple the fast food of phones.

You nailed it.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately ms can strap the Hubble telescope to its phone....apple will sell more no matter what check out there record earnings this last quarter. I really wonder what kind of cameras ms needs on there phones to sell like iPhones and stop laying people off

karan madhyani1

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Guys windowsphone beats apple in terms of fluidity & camera
Easily
Even at low end...(considerimg lumia camera is going to b for all devices)
So technicially windowsphone shud sell like iphones but it doesn't because of eco-system...
By eco system i mean the quality of apps & apps availability with update frequency. ...(no app gap never existed)...i'm not complaining i'm expressing my thoughts. Ecosystem wich makes the potential of this wonderful os un-utilised...:/

P.S-considering this comment without considering xbox music as a part of os :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon