Video recording on Lumia Camera (L930)

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you hold down the camera button it records a video, from which you can later select a frame to save an image. But, I can't seem to be able to play the video on my SP3. I can only view it from my phone. Is there a video app that I'm suppose to use to play this on a PC?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Find the file on your phone marked by date and time... The one ending in .mp4.thm and copy it to your computer. Right click on it > properties > in the file name field edit off the .thm so it just ends in mp4 and click OK. Accept any warning about changing file extensions.

Now when you double click the file you have the video which will play in your video player. Note that there is no audio.

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Find the file on your phone marked by date and time... The one ending in .mp4.thm and copy it to your computer. Right click on it > properties > in the file name field edit off the .thm so it just ends in mp4 and click OK. Accept any warning about changing file extensions.

Now when you double click the file you have the video which will play in your video player. Note that there is no audio.

The file name does not have .thm, it looks exactly the same like normal videos recorded with mp4 filetype...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK... I thought you were speaking of Living Images. I'm sorry I misunderstood.

In Lumia Camera > Settings you have long press set to video... I get that now (and sorry it took me so long to reply, I was on the road and am not using my 1520 as a daily right now as I test drive 830, so I could not check).

Are you recording in 4K? Try turning your video capture down to 1080p or lower until you can find a player that will show 4K video on your SP3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon