Does anyone actually own this phone?

Haxcid

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
And do you like it?

MS is sending us some phones, not sure which ones but we are getting 3 AT&T and 2 Verizon, I am pretty sure they will include one of these. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with it? We do not get a say on the phones MS chooses, on the bonus note they are unlocked so they can be side loaded.

H.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, this phone flopped huge since the 822 is infinitely better and $50 cheaper. I actually quite like the phone though, and would probably recommend one if it had launched at $50 when the 822 was $100 and the 8X was $200.

stekestew

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I do own this phone. I bought it because of the expandable storage and relatively low price of the phone on a one year contract. This phone marked my return back to Windows phone from an iPhone 4 (Curiosity). I did not expect much but was hopeful that I would have a better integrated "office" experience, a better camera and activity integration with contacts! I am happy with the Windows OS experience and continue to see improvement and added apps. Now as far as the phone goes I think the price was a good price. The phone is not attractive like the iPhone and others out there but I would give this phone to my employees and know they got a pretty good phone. My number one complaint is wifi. Now I do not kknow if this is unique to this phone or if it is a Windows issue. This phone constantly hangs on the last known connection and will not connect to the new wifi access as I go between office, home, library..... In order to connect to a new wifi access point I have to restart the phone! Annoying- so I just use the cellular connect as I am not a huge data user. As far as a media device I am slowly getting used to using the Samsung as a podcast player, audio book, music player but I still grab my iPhone as I head out the door as my main media player! Also my Verizon rep said to me the other day you might be the only one that bought this phone! Now what? The 928?

DaltonCarl

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought it yesterday, I bought the HTC 7Pro back in the day. This is a huge step ahead of US Cellular. Phone runs great, nice screen and good enough specs to do anything or play any game. Screen size is a little short, but overall phone fits very well in your hand and super light. Really enough it:)

Also I have had no issue with my WiFi at any of the places I use it.

Came out for US Cellular 7-14-13

RotorBladeUSMC

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I waited for US Cellular to release a Win 8 phone and picked this one up for $50. So far I'm pleased with it for my uses. I would have liked a better phone choice but this was it, and as a carrier USC has been good with me and my account for over 10 years so I hesitated to switch for a different phone and higher costs.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I waited for US Cellular to release a Win 8 phone and picked this one up for $50. So far I'm pleased with it for my uses. I would have liked a better phone choice but this was it, and as a carrier USC has been good with me and my account for over 10 years so I hesitated to switch for a different phone and higher costs.
Makes perfect sense. I am sure on the US Cell plan, this is a great option. Please give us some of your thoughts on it if you can.

RotorBladeUSMC

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It's been a month now, and I'm happy with the phone in pretty much every way.
There were a couple of issues but quickly resolved one with email & syncing the
other one was an app issue that was corrected with an uninstall / reinstall.
It works perfectly in the car syncing with the bluetooth both for phone & music,
adding the contacts to the auto was seamless.
On a scale of 1 to 10 I'm at an 8 currently, and as I learn & do more I'm sure
that number will go up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes