10-24-2014 12:49 PM
39 12
tools
    ​I assume you meant "without" the DP app. Just go through the steps to reinstall it. It takes less than 10 minutes and then your phone will be much better with 8.1.1.

edit: I should also point out that since you are on Sprint (like me) you will probably never get the "official" updates. May as well go the DP route then.
    what I meant to say was with the DP I had lost data usage, and had to get the phone replaced.

The new phone does not have the DP thus it is still on 8.0.

The issue is I can just use DP to get 8.1, but once again risk losing data and having to get another phone again, which I'm hearing is what happens with the NEO on Sprint.

I'm surprised there is no official update yet.
    08-17-2014 05:10 PM
    The space issue was a persistent problem even without wanting to go to GDR1, so I did a hard reset anyway. I managed to get back my APN and MMS (I'm on Sprint), so the only thing that does not work is the Internet connection sharing that I signed up for with my carrier. I can live with that for now. So now my storage problem is fixed and I have GDR1. :) It also seemed to fixed some problems I was having with a bluetooth connection to an OBDII connector in my car. Hopefully when the firmware update is released from Samsung, it will fix my hotspot capability.
    08-17-2014 10:44 PM
    How did you get mms working?
    08-18-2014 02:36 AM
    yes, updates to 8.1 gdr1 and now my mms is not working : was before. man ive tried everything

the phone is great, just cant receive and mms: if you guys find anything please let me know
    daniel.miranda298@gmail.com
    08-18-2014 01:10 PM
    yes please share!!!!
    08-18-2014 01:11 PM
    8.1 GDR1 is generally working OK on my Sprint Ativ S Neo. One thing I noticed, though...in previous DP revisions of 8.1, even though the network profile setting was not accessible from any settings screen, you could use Cortana to search the phone for "network profile" and find it. With 8.1 GDR1, I can't find my network profile setting any more.

Summer is almost over, Sprint...any word on when we will be officially updated to 8.1?

-
    08-18-2014 02:18 PM
    8.1 GDR1 is generally working OK on my Sprint Ativ S Neo. One thing I noticed, though...in previous DP revisions of 8.1, even though the network profile setting was not accessible from any settings screen, you could use Cortana to search the phone for "network profile" and find it. With 8.1 GDR1, I can't find my network profile setting any more.

Summer is almost over, Sprint...any word on when we will be officially updated to 8.1?

-
    go to the Sprint website forums and post this question there. You'll get the same response as you'll get here, nothing.

Actually they'll just refer you to their newsroom which also gives you nothing.
    08-19-2014 02:20 PM
    How did you get mms working?
    My bad, I thought it was working because I found a reference to an APN, but I tested it and it does not work. :(
    08-23-2014 08:17 PM
    My bad, I thought it was working because I found a reference to an APN, but I tested it and it does not work. :(
    No worries, thanks for getting back.
    08-24-2014 01:19 AM

-
    Network profile can be updated remotely by having Sprint push your services to you. Not ideal, I know. I have had to do this twice. Once after a factory reset and once after trying the profile update via dial code. FYI after they push service to you, you will need to use the "activate your device" setting.
    08-24-2014 01:25 AM
    I don't know if the "official" update will come but a Microsoft store worker told me it will happen around the end of the month to mid September.
    Well I waited until October and nada so I took the DP plunge, I'm on Sprint by the way. So far the only issues I've noticed are the dot that shows me on the map doesn't move anymore unless I touch the screen. Had a Bluetooth issue where I was connected to my Bluetooth headset and started Pandora but then swiped down via the notification center and turned off Bluetooth. After that Pandora wouldn't work and Cortana couldn't hear me. Here's the OS version 8.10.14176.243
    As for the official update seeing that AT&T's Neo and Verizon's ATIV SE hasn't been updated then I'd say it's Samsung holding things up.
    10-06-2014 01:18 AM
    Well I waited until October and nada so I took the DP plunge, I'm on Sprint by the way. So far the only issues I've noticed are the dot that shows me on the map doesn't move anymore unless I touch the screen. Had a Bluetooth issue where I was connected to my Bluetooth headset and started Pandora but then swiped down via the notification center and turned off Bluetooth. After that Pandora wouldn't work and Cortana couldn't hear me. Here's the OS version 8.10.14176.243
    As for the official update seeing that AT&T's Neo and Verizon's ATIV SE hasn't been updated then I'd say it's Samsung holding things up.
    Any problems sending or receiving MMS?
    10-08-2014 07:38 PM
    I get my phone tomorrow from sprint, switched back from att because of service issues where I live. Should I update to 8.1? I'm reading a lot on here and the mms issue concerns me? Does everyone experience this or is something that they've done causing this?
    10-12-2014 04:49 PM
    I get my phone tomorrow from sprint, switched back from att because of service issues where I live. Should I update to 8.1? I'm reading a lot on here and the mms issue concerns me? Does everyone experience this or is something that they've done causing this?
    ​Hard reset seems to cause this. Otherwise it is pretty safe to update through the Dev Preview program.
    Final-MacGyver likes this.
    10-24-2014 12:49 PM
39 12