New Neo Owner - Firmware out dated, Wifi isn't stable

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So...I obviously need to get my firmware updated as it doesn't match Sprint's published version.

I'm not a Sprint WP rookie, I have a HTC 8XT as well. I picked up this Neo off a reseller on ebay, but I don't think somethings right...if you look at my Radio section in the 'About' page...there's nothing there? And...I am having connection issues both Wi-FI & Cellular Data...

Thoughts? (I did not load the PFD version, so I think I have a fried phone?)

wp_ss_20150615_0001.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141223_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141223_0001.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 3

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
NuAngel had posted steps to flash the Sprint Ativ S Neo for folks who were having a different issue. His steps are here FIXED! Sprint ATIV S Neo Developer Preview 8.1 Unable to Activate after Reset | NuAngel.net.

I really don't know if this would fix your issue or not, but it might be worth a try. One thing though, I believe the version you end up with is the original Windows Phone 8.0 for the Sprint Ativ S Neo. So, you would have to then look for the OTA update(s) from Sprint to bring it up to the current WP 8.1 level.

-Skippy

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
NuAngel had posted steps to flash the Sprint Ativ S Neo for folks who were having a different issue. His steps are here FIXED! Sprint ATIV S Neo Developer Preview 8.1 Unable to Activate after Reset | NuAngel.net.

I really don't know if this would fix your issue or not, but it might be worth a try. One thing though, I believe the version you end up with is the original Windows Phone 8.0 for the Sprint Ativ S Neo. So, you would have to then look for the OTA update(s) from Sprint to bring it up to the current WP 8.1 level.

-Skippy

Yeah, Thanks Skippy. I ended up returning it to the reseller as they're going to supply me with one that meets Sprint's software specs supposedly. We shall see. I figured why mess with the warranty I received when I could just return it for one that works properly.

Hopefully the replacement comes with the correct versions that I can update to directly from Sprint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon