ATIV S or 920?

roxxas2

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the states on AT&T and I'm a bit sick of waiting. That 920 is starting to look really good. Should I keep waiting for the ATIV S to come out on AT&T or should I just get the 920?

Does anyone know if the ATIV S will even come OUT in North America?

Cordanim

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well Canada is part of North America and they're out here...sadly, though, I don't know when the US carriers will start :(

Kev

1point8T

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted the 920 but my work got me the ATIV S instead. At first I wanted to send it back but the more I use it, the more I like it. I like the bigger screen, expandable memory and the form factor. The one thing that really bothers me is the lack of quality app's that the Lumia offers as Samsung's app's are not the greatest. Depending what you prefer (bigger screen and expandable memory or excellent camera and exclusive software) you won't be disappointed.

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the states on AT&T and I'm a bit sick of waiting. That 920 is starting to look really good. Should I keep waiting for the ATIV S to come out on AT&T or should I just get the 920?

Does anyone know if the ATIV S will even come OUT in North America?
I'd say lockup the 920 since I doubt the ATIV S price would beat that $99 Lumia price. That is, if money matters to you.

If I were om AT&T I would defnitely get the 920 since I know that Nokia is totally behind WP8. Samsung? Who the eff knows? Since I am on T-Mo, I wait for that ATIV S to be released. Could be a long wait, too.

Mark Longley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guy's
Mark from UK
I wanted a L920 but O2 are not doing them yet, so I got an ATIV-S last week. Really nice device, looks really classy from the back and the screen is beautiful. BUT - it just didn't cut it for me. Then when the signal in my home/office was so bad (it's pretty bad on any device due to living out in 'the sticks', but it was exceptionally bad on the ATIV) I just decided to send it back. A real shame, as I was hoping that it would be the device for me - it is a genuinely pristine mobile that got some nice comments over the week I used it.

I managed to pick up a new L920 in black for ?310 and have found someone that will unlock it for ?35 - so not a bad investment me-thinks. I have had the L920 for about an hour now and the thing is bloody gorgeous. I know it's personal opinion, but it is just a pleasure to hold and behold, just feels so solid and chunky with exceptional engineering, and in my opinion is way ahead of the ATIV; plus the Nokia Collection is just the cream on the cake!

Hope this helps anyone on the edge...

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Samsung ATIV S LTE on December 14/2012 in Edmonton and I love it! 😎
I bought my ATIV S from TELUS Mobility and they had ATIV S accessories gel skin case & screen protector ready with my phone 😎

The ATIV S LTE work's very good on Edmonton LTE TELUS/BELL network.
I like the Nokia Lumia 920 and would of bought one BUT Nokia screwed Canadians over by only having one carrier "Robers" 😒

Samsung ATIV S you can get everywhere in Canada! All Canadian carriers 😎

Last edited:

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the ATIV S is coming to the states? .....Not this model 😢, Verizon version not the same model.....sorry bad news so just get the Nokia Lumia 920 or wait till MS Surface Phone in Q2/13 at this point 😎

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon