This May sound alittle Whiny (About the Ativ S coming to Sprint)

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Sprint FINALLY announced the Ativ Neo, even though I wished it was a little cheaper I'll be lying if I said I wasn't gonna get it anyway. But I am considering waiting a month after it comes to see if Sprint have a special sale for a holiday or back to school, etc. so maybe I can get it a little less & give time for some accessories come out for it just in case they make the body slightly different from the original Ativ.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I too am dissapointed. we could have had the htc 8x when verizion got it. but NO Sprint had to have a new phone! so we get the 8x dumbed down and at $100 to boot when you can get a 8x free elseware.

The samsung at least has a larger screen but not worth $150. when one can get a Lumia 920 or 928 elseware for less.

Sprint wonders why windows phone does not sell on there network. i can get a Note2 for $150 on amazon right now.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the frustration. If you look purely at specs, the Ativ S is a high end WP8 device. You can't compare it to Android or Apple devices. Other than camera, the Ativ S beats pretty much every Nokia device available for specs, and every HTC device as well.

So if you get the Ativ S Neo, you're getting a top tier WP8 phone. No, its not a Nokia device, but as someone who has owned plenty of Nokia Windows Phone devices, let me tell you - its not that special. None of their apps are THAT GOOD that would make me sacrifice a 4.8" screen, microSD support, and a removeable battery.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I don't understand the frustration. If you look purely at specs, the Ativ S is a high end WP8 device. You can't compare it to Android or Apple devices. Other than camera, the Ativ S beats pretty much every Nokia device available for specs, and every HTC device as well.

So if you get the Ativ S Neo, you're getting a top tier WP8 phone. No, its not a Nokia device, but as someone who has owned plenty of Nokia Windows Phone devices, let me tell you - its not that special. None of their apps are THAT GOOD that would make me sacrifice a 4.8" screen, microSD support, and a removeable battery.

I agree with you, but other than the 4.8" screen vs Lumia 4.5" screen the Samsung is much more expensive for same or less phone. The HTC 8xt should be free not $100.00 after 50 rebate.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Looks like everyone is right. Sprint's charging way too much for these older modeled phones, and then going to abandon them because they didn't sell that well. Good o'l Sprint

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon