GDR2 on Ativ S

filuista

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, forgive my questions:
If I do a factory reset after installing the GDR2, isn't the GDR2 uninstalled again?
The other question: from what I've read in this thread, after installing the GDR2 it will be necessary to install all the apps again, is it right?
Thank you for your attention.

cioransorin

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, after hard reset you will still have gdr2 and features like sense now showing. Regarding the apps, I had to reinstall everything, probably because I did not use backup apps when logging with the live account. P.S.- I got the update about a month ago - unlocked i8750/Romania. Hope it helps.

filuista

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, after hard reset you will still have gdr2 and features like sense now showing. Regarding the apps, I had to reinstall everything, probably because I did not use backup apps when logging with the live account. P.S.- I got the update about a month ago - unlocked i8750/Romania. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the reply. I was clarified. I only don't like the idea of having to re-install several dozen apps ... :unhappysweat: I hope this justifies the work. Greetings from Portugal

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Practically speaking, you won't get the Nokia improvements.
What you will get?

-Bug fixes for XBOX Music, for the Other Storage problem and other miscellaneous stuff.
-FM Radio
-Support for new media codecs

I think that's about it.

Since you're a Samsung owner, you'll also get a temp file clearer.

Oh, and the ability to update maps one street at a time!

And before I forget, ability to set default camera app!

I have GDR2, heck GDR3 and I can dispute some claims:

No, we did not get FM Radio
No, we did not get a temp file clearer until GDR3
No, I have 8GBs of other storage. Not even GDR3 helped it.

gasdim

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
After update and factory reset i have seen so far: 1) data sense to check my 3g data usage (it was time). 2) greek dictionary to SMS and facebook posts 3) a litlle bit better fotos. But FM radio is not enabled in music and videos tile. If i find another feauture i will post it here!

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the update!
Ativ S, unlocked/unbranded, work fine and no more lags with automatic lighting (sorry for my english)...

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Today I got an update to GDR 2 in Thailand (AIS) with OS version: 8.0.10328.78.

Thanks for the heads up. Got it smoothly updated last night. But noticed battery drain seems excessive after the updates but will continue to monitor that. For example, a 5 minutes of wifi Internet surfing now consume 1% of battery.

As for Data Sense, it was right there after the updating. Beside that, don't see anything else difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes