Several Problems all at once...Not sure what to do.

FlameToFace

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So all of a sudden yesterday, my sd card decided to start crashing my phone, and when I would reboot it, everything that was on my sd card was showing up duplicated. So I bought a new card, transferred everything to my pc and then back to the new card, I put it in my phone and it will load all the folders but no contents, tried putting the old one back in, and same thing. I then noticed my battery is running down at about 15% an hour compared to its usual about 1-3% an hour. Then notice my storage on my phone was full, so I deleted some apps, and it filled back up. I now have no downloaded apps or games on my phone, and it has 0mb free space. I had tried the storage cleaner before it fully filled and it doesnt show any temporary files that can be deleted.

What can I do that will fix this and hope it doesnt happen again, as well as what is the cause of this?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
First of all, relax.

Remove the sd card and keep it aside while you operate on your phone.
Let the phone charge, do a soft reset (Am not sure how its done on Samsung, on Nokia its Vol Down + power when phone is on)
Copy the contents of the sd card in your computer, format the card on the pc
put the card in the phone, format it again (using your phone)
connect phone to pc using cable and copy things you want, make sure the xbox music sync is off (it shows 2 entries for every music file)

You can go for hard reset, a complete rebirth, erases everything :)

FlameToFace

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So I tried all that, and it unfortunately didn't do anything so I had to do a hard reset, I have everything up and running. All downloads complete went and edited background tasks..etc..., seems the only problem I have now is the battery dieing at a pretty excessive rate.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. Which version of the OS is your ATIV S running? With GDR2, I've noticed that the ATIV S seems to have various issues with SD cards. For example, myself and other users reported that the phone would crash during boot; sometimes removing the SD card would solve the problem. As for your battery draining, that is likely connected with apps you have running in the background. Disabling some that you don't use should improve battery life. As for the problem with the SD Card, there doesn't seem to be any viable solution. Resets don't really help, unless you were to revert your phone to the factory default setting, which may or may not work (note that doing a reset within Settings doesn't restore your phone to factory default).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes