5,5gb 'other storage'

netrunn3r

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have GDR2 Samsung ativ-s with 5,5gb other storage - with 16gb total this is kinda bad. Now I'm willing to change my csc so GDR3 will be available, but I want to ask you (since I'll need to reset my phone anyway) should I do interop unlock - waht are benefits of that and what's best and easy way to do it?

Thanks in advance

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, updated to gdr3 via devunlock first and that's the 'system' files that take 6gb ... any antidote to that?

If you have updated to GDR3 then you now will have the ability to restore over WiFi. I would factory reset or wait and see what happens.

Myself personally I flashed GDR2 --> installed GDR3 preview for developers and then factory reset and restored over WiFi

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have GDR2 Samsung ativ-s with 5,5gb other storage - with 16gb total this is kinda bad. Now I'm willing to change my csc so GDR3 will be available, but I want to ask you (since I'll need to reset my phone anyway) should I do interop unlock - waht are benefits of that and what's best and easy way to do it?

Thanks in advance

I had 5.5GB of 'other' on my Lumia 1020 w/ Amber/GDR2 - I found out that after I deleted a film I directly copied to my phone's videos folder it went down to 3.3GB

Also GDR3 is meant to sort out the 'other' issue by recategorising files under the right titles - at the moment the 'other' section is a dump where random stuff is swept under the rug really

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon