3 column live tiles

Gal Avraham

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
hi everybody.
i tried to change the value in the registry but it wont work.
i checked for 10 times if i write the next code correctly:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\Software \ Microsoft \ Shell \ OEM \ Start
ScreenSize=1.

and it did not work for me.
i wrote capital letters and without it-same.
i have interoped my ativ s and i have gdr3 with the latest firmware update.
just to mention, i tried to read the registry key but it wont change to 1. it's still 0.

what could the problem be?

UPDATE: NOW I SEE I CANNOT CHANGE ANY REGISTRY VALUE AFTER UPDATING TO GDR3. what can i do to solve it?
i removed DIAGNOSIS APP and reinstalled it but it wont open the registry editor.
i performed a restart to my phone but it wont help.

thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Samsung closed the registry app with GDR3.

I really don't care about unlocking (jailbreaking) my device. I just wanted the 3 rows, so if anyone knows a solution or can work on one, please help!

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
OP if you want the 3 rows, you need to flash the GDR2 firmware to revert back. Do the unlock and update again, and this time do it so you keep the unlock.

Last edited:

dynamicdev

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
OP if you want the 3 rows, you need to flash the GDR2 firmware to revert back. Do the unlock and update again, and this time
do it so you keep the unlock.

I had ATIV S with GDR2. I have unlocked using "Interop_Unlock_Helper_Debug_ARM.xap", then installed "EnableAllSideloading_Release_ARM.xap" and finally installed "BootstrapSamsung_Release_ARM.xap". I verified everything to ensure that all activeities success AND it did success.

I could change registry values for three columns as it did not exist in GDR2, I installed "wphTweaksWP8.xap" and "SamWP8_Tools_Debug_ARM.xap" to modify the same but failed because of missing registry entries. So I decided to update GDR3.

Now I have GDR3 with all above apps installed but nothing is working. So I dont know how I can enable 3 column start screen even if I again flash to GDR2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon