wifi issue after wp 8.1 dev preview

lanmeiyu

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Wifi won't connect to some certain network after installing WP8.1 dev preview, even with the correct username and password, no matter manually or automatically, always says "Sorry, you phone can't connect to the network...".

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It could potentially be the network's fault and WP8.1 is more susceptible.

My school has a meh network, sometimes its down, sometimes things refuse to connect and my 920 has actually been reliable with it on 8.0 and 8.1. Although it seemed slightly more temperamental on 8.1.

Fred Osei

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so. Facing the same problem. A network I was able to connect with now refuses to connect with the same message after wp8.1

Chris Fought

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I can connect on my home network, but not at work. It was fine before the switch to 8.1. I'm hoping to hear of a fix soon. I'm in a building with no cell signal, only wifi. I feel cut off!

Last edited:

Chris Fought

May 9, 2014
Visit site
A little update. I was messing around trying to set up a network from my iMac since I can't access the main wifi setting here at work. I noticed that I could connect if I turned security off. Its only after I turn WPA2 Personal (the only setting available on a mac) on that I have an issue connecting. It could be that certain security setting are causing the connection issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon