vote for samsung ativ se review???

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Dan - Since you guys have already spent over $600, why don't you go ahead and do a full review? I would like to volunteer and send that review link to the morons at Samsung marketing!

On a serious note, Samsung is probably making recycled Windows Phones because they were forced by Microsoft due to that patent agreement. Samsung got a neat discount on royalty payment on every Android device and they only have to make half-baked attempts at an WP. I would take it if I was Samsung!

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
That's easy to explain: Nokia sends us phones in advanced, as they want their devices reviewed.

Samsung? Nothing. I paid $599 for this phone out of our budget, walking into a store like everyone else. Samsung/Verizon are not exactly pushing this phone. (As a side note: how many official reviews have you seen of the ATIV SE? My guess is not many.)

The only thing here that's disappointing is Samsung.

Thanks for explaining this Daniel. It wasn't my intention to come across nasty about it or anything, just disappointed this has gotten such little fan fare. Especially from my own personal experience with trying out the ATIV SE vs the Icon in store and I like the phone much better than the Icon based on looks, feel and specs. I look forward to your review and appreciate you taking the time to do it. I will hold off on purchasing until at least hearing your thoughts.

Thanks again!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I understand the points mr. rubino is making and appreciate his comments on this thread. it was the comment about a pending review "if you folks are interested" that bothered me. given the "go nokia or go home" climate often found on this site, the comment seemed dismissive to me. I will certainly look forward to Daniel's review.

metallistang00

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm certainly interested. I'm looking to move over to Windows Phone. I'm unfamiliar with Nokia, and Ive had a few Samsung phones with Android, and they worked well. I went into Verizon yesterday and asked about moving to Windows Phone and was basically ignored. They said they don't sell many and thats where the sales pitch ended. Looking forward to the Samsung review.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
That's easy to explain: Nokia sends us phones in advanced, as they want their devices reviewed.

Samsung? Nothing. I paid $599 for this phone out of our budget, walking into a store like everyone else. Samsung/Verizon are not exactly pushing this phone. (As a side note: how many official reviews have you seen of the ATIV SE? My guess is not many.)

The only thing here that's disappointing is Samsung.
yes. sadly, Samsung is definitely the bad guy here regarding marketing effort. as a member of the windows phone community and someone that would like to see windows phone use expand, I am still looking forward to your review. actually, one of the reasons I bought my ativ s, was the review that rich wrote in march '13. "...the windows phone that could have been so much more", even though it lamented Samsung's lack of marketing. I was about to purchase a galaxy s3.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Did the ATIV SE review get posted Friday as was mentioned earlier? I didn't notice anything browsing through the last few days of posts. If not, is there a new ETA?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there still not one review of this phone anywhere?

Not that I can tell. I go to VerizonWireless.com every few days to read the user reviews of the phone. Looks like a few people are coming over from Droids that like this phone. The main negative comments seem to be with the OS in general though. I think 8.1 will help with most of the complaints.

Last edited:

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the phone for a week and returned it due to the constant screen freezes while using 8.1. Once they get that figured out, I'll probably be back... Great phone otherwise. Rocking the Moto X now (along with Note 3)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2