The Complete Guide: Upgrading the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
So, after a lot of hoops and crap, i finally managed to get my ATIV SE back on the W10 bandwagon from 8.1. And I immediately started missing the haptic feedback of the buttons, and the screen. Is there no way to get them back. Anyone. :'(

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So, after a lot of hoops and crap, i finally managed to get my ATIV SE back on the W10 bandwagon from 8.1. And I immediately started missing the haptic feedback of the buttons, and the screen. Is there no way to get them back. Anyone. :'(

-- W

W,

Did you follow my guide to the letter? I just redid my wife's phone and have had no issues, neither with updating nor haptic feedback. I'm not sure what is going on with your phone or how you are updating it.

- RW

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Lets see, if RW cant get it back up, I'll upload it for you. :) He has a whole dropbox folder full of all the files we want/need.

And yes, I did the instructions to the T, like every time. Just dont know whats acting up in all of this. Smh. I know the phone still vibrates because of vibration during the power up and the power down cycle. But I cant seem to make it do the same on the onscreen keyboard, or the return and search/cortana buttons, for the life of me. Or maybe Im just missing the right setting for it, somehow. I'm changing the haptic feedback toggle on the extras settings.

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, I finally took the plunge and bought another ATIV SE on Ebay. I will be using it as my daily driver after upgrading it to 10586.xxx. I should have it Friday or there about. I will then be using my current one (damaged it slightly when dropped) for experimenting with Redstone.

- RW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Well, I finally took the plunge and bought another ATIV SE on Ebay. I will be using it as my daily driver after upgrading it to 10586.xxx. I should have it Friday or there about. I will then be using my current one (damaged it slightly when dropped) for experimenting with Redstone.

- RW

A wise choice rmabwing5! This phone is so under rated and awesome. Even though it's a few years old, the specs are still impressive; the size and weight is perfect; screen resolution is full 1080p HD (better than most iphones); I've got a 200 GB micro-sd in mine, and it reads it no problem. Video is amazing...i could go on:)

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, on that note. Try and see if your new ATIV works with Haptic just as well. And on that note Darrell, theres a thread trending about enabling DNG capture on some of the lower end Lumia devices, I've looked through the registries in the hopes of finding similar values or options nested somewhere on our own beloved ATIV SE but to no luck absolutely so far. Does anyone else also want to try giving this idea a shot and seeing if they can find the correct registries for the camera app if they exist, whatsoever at all. Or not?

-- W

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
hi. Whats the most stable build of win10 for the ativ se and easiest guide? although i am not new to romming etc this is my first windows phone.
Thanks.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Guys, .494 is out and stable to us. I just installed it and seems to be working just fine. I still dont have my haptic back though. Which sucks for just me apparently. Le sigh. :'(

And WestNZ, the preview or production build is the daily driver version for the ATIV SE atm, and we're standing at 103586.494 as of today. :) You're easiest route onto it would be to follow RW's detailed upgrade guide over on our SE forums at his thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...guide-upgrading-samsung-ativ-se-win-10-a.html

Good luck with the progress. And the upgrade, it really takes around a couple of hours to get it all down pat if everything goes well. And you get a brand new spanking WM10 phone out of it too. :)

-- W

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I just updated my Samsung Ativ SE to windows 10. I am on build 10586.107 and I think it runs really good. I wish haptic feedback worked but that is the only thing I found not working. Thank you for the guide. I am unsure if I want to proceed further since this is my daily driver right now. I do have a Lumia Icon and I had an issue with the sim card but before I found out it was the sim card I bought the Ativ SE. So I figure for $75 I will use this phone and leave the Icon tucked away for a later day.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, ElectricGary, you're the second person besides myself who is also having the haptic feedback issues - so I'm guessing with more people cropping up with the problem, we'll be able to get/identify some sort of a solution to this somewhat/seemingly isolated problem.

And in answer to your question, you definitely want to upgrade it to .494 atleast because that is stable, and works much better than the .107 ever did, in terms of both stability and battery life. Most people on this thread here are on it, and their phones are their daily, or somewhat daily drivers, for that matter. So yes, go ahead and make the jump, and tell us how it works out.

On that note though, secret question, how much would you be willing to part with the Icon for? :p ;) :D

Joke, not joke. :p

-- W

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Well, ElectricGary, you're the second person besides myself who is also having the haptic feedback issues - so I'm guessing with more people cropping up with the problem, we'll be able to get/identify some sort of a solution to this somewhat/seemingly isolated problem.

And in answer to your question, you definitely want to upgrade it to .494 atleast because that is stable, and works much better than the .107 ever did, in terms of both stability and battery life. Most people on this thread here are on it, and their phones are their daily, or somewhat daily drivers, for that matter. So yes, go ahead and make the jump, and tell us how it works out.

On that note though, secret question, how much would you be willing to part with the Icon for? :p ;) :D

-- W

Trying this build:
wp_ss_20160715_0002.jpg

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Woahhh, Darrell! You're getting really adventurous there friend. You know we wont have hard reset on Redstone until it goes RTM right. You just had to wait a couple more weeks bro. :p

-- W

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

-- W

Haptic feed back never worked on my ativ se either. Never on win 10. Its irritating.

electricgary

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
So I updated to .494 and went to bed. I plugged in my phone like I normally do. I woke up in the middle of the night looked at my phone and was about to die it never charged. I was freaking out not charging now I have to start over.. :( So I did a hard reset and low and behold this is what I now have wp_ss_20160716_0001.jpg Yay for me!!! My phone is now a Samsung Ativ SE with the correct model number and windows mobile version 10586.494

Still no Haptic but the battery charged perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon