EPIX Camera Bug?

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
I do not use a phone camera much so this is not a big deal but I did give it a try for fun. When I tried to close the camera app the phone locked up and had to be reset by removing the battery. Anyone else here have that issue or have an idea of what might cause it?

CraigD

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I've only taken a handful of pictures on about a half-dozen occasions since getting my Epix, but I haven't seen this problem.

-Craig

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Does this happen every time or just one time? Every time, it's time for an exchange. However since you rarely use the camera, it may not be worth it. One time may be a fluke.

It also may have been a memory problem. Maybe there wasn't enough memory left to close the camera app properly and the phone crashed. That's just speculation but that's one reason why I keep using the task manager. Another possibility is a conflict somewhere.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Happens every time but I do not always have to remove the battery. Sometimes I can just get the phone to turn off and then it is cleared up with the restart. It is not a memory issue and I strongly suspect it is a conflict. I have a lot of 3rd party apps loaded and a couple items (drivers) that load up on startup.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
Yup, figured it out a while back from an earlier posting of yours in the Redfly forum. Sure taking Celio a long time to fix it though. Fortunately use of the camera is not very important to me.

gjohnson

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
Celio's lack of progress on the driver and other issues have caused me to more or less give up on the Redfly and go the route of a netbook tethered to the Epix (using WMwifiRouter) when wifi is not available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes