Was I wrong?

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I broke my Focus S and Samsung repaired it. Before sending it to them they told me to make sure I back up my data because they would wipe my phone clean and reinstall the OS. Now as we all know AT&T hasn?t sent out OS updates so I thought that since Samsung was reinstalling the OS they would use the latest update and I might be a happy camper.

Well I received my repaired phone yesterday and guess what?..no 8112, they reinstalled 7720. WTF?.Was I wrong to expect them to install the latest software version?

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Why would Samsung install an update ATT technically hasn't "approved" yet on Gen 1.5 devices?

Might as well force 8107 and roll with it for the moment ;)

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I broke my Focus S and Samsung repaired it. Before sending it to them they told me to make sure I back up my data because they would wipe my phone clean and reinstall the OS. Now as we all know AT&T hasn?t sent out OS updates so I thought that since Samsung was reinstalling the OS they would use the latest update and I might be a happy camper.

Well I received my repaired phone yesterday and guess what?..no 8112, they reinstalled 7720. WTF?.Was I wrong to expect them to install the latest software version?
At&t is looking to bundle some more goodies to the OS upgrade in Tango so for that reason, Samsung would definaltey not overstep the carriers and install 8112 onto your replacement. MS gave alot of power to the carriers so its not that Samsung doesnt care, its that its out of their hands. If I were you, I would simply wait, in less than a month, youll be rocking the new upgrade and every previous one before that. IMO, much better than bricking your phone...

turbulent28

May 15, 2012
Visit site
At&t is looking to bundle some more goodies to the OS upgrade in Tango so for that reason, Samsung would definaltey not overstep the carriers and install 8112 onto your replacement. MS gave alot of power to the carriers so its not that Samsung doesnt care, its that its out of their hands. If I were you, I would simply wait, in less than a month, youll be rocking the new upgrade and every previous one before that. IMO, much better than bricking your phone...

question:

I have a Samsung on Straight Talk. When ATT releases their upgrade and their "goodies", would i be able to update my phone?(side loading it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb