Focus S says no updates.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a new Focus S through warranty because the last one broke when I tried to force update. So I'm not eager to force again and I know the trick with zune by turning of wireless does not work with WP7 connector for mac. Any ideas?

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Att officially announced its right around the corner, from the 15th to the 19th, so I say just wait. The wifi trick worked awesome for me but only because I have a PC so....

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am waiting. If AT&T said 15th to the 19th, they must mean of December.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I, too, am waiting. If AT&T said 15th to the 19th, they must mean of December.

I was laughing a couple days ago, but it's the 19th now and still showing no update ! :mad: I really hate AT&T.

I've been trying the force update (by disconnecting the lan cable as Zune is checking for updates) with no love. I had no problems updating to 8107 many months ago, but now I'm getting an error 80180048 when it tries to update from 8107 to 8112. I used the long cab sender method to get to 8107... what do you think, should I head down that road again, or wait for AT&T to roll out the update ?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was laughing a couple days ago, but it's the 19th now and still showing no update ! :mad: I really hate AT&T.

I've been trying the force update (by disconnecting the lan cable as Zune is checking for updates) with no love. I had no problems updating to 8107 many months ago, but now I'm getting an error 80180048 when it tries to update from 8107 to 8112. I used the long cab sender method to get to 8107... what do you think, should I head down that road again, or wait for AT&T to roll out the update ?
I have heard too many stories like Silverdogs where forcing the update crashed the device. I am sure it is only a small % of those who do it that have trouble, as I have heard way more success stories. But, I also know what kind of luck I have. I want to wait.

I am planning to send AT&T an email to see if the update is pending. Will pass on to all what I hear.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have heard too many stories like Silverdogs where forcing the update crashed the device. I am sure it is only a small % of those who do it that have trouble, as I have heard way more success stories. But, I also know what kind of luck I have. I want to wait.

I am planning to send AT&T an email to see if the update is pending. Will pass on to all what I hear.

I think his problem is likely related to how he did the previous update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To all: Here is the copy of the Email I received from AT&T:

"My name is Rebecca with AT&Ts email Customer Service Team. We have
received your email regarding available software updates and I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.

I was able to find the following information regarding software updates
for the Samsung Focus S:

Microsoft has developed a supplemental update for the Samsung Focus
Flash and Samsung Focus S Windows Phone 7.5 devices and is scheduled to
begin making the update available to AT&T customers beginning June 27,
2012. The update supports MMS enhancements and other fixes.

To help ensure quality, Microsoft is releasing the update in controlled
batch quantities over several days. During the initial rollout period,
the update is only available to customers once they receive a
notification that an update is available on their device. The update is
available to all AT&T customers with existing Samsung Focus Flash and
Samsung Focus S devices."

It then goes on to list the steps we already know concerning the Zune player. I also asked about my Wife's HTC Titan, and no update is scheduled for them. So, I will of course pass this on to the Focus Flash and Titan threads.

So it was supposed to start already. June 27th. Feel better she actually gave a year.......

Last edited:

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I may switch carriers just because of this because now I'm P.Oed. I'm just glad I still had warranty but now I'm on 7740. I liked not having my keyboard disappear.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
fixed the 80180048 and updated to 8112, and 8773

I think his problem is likely related to how he did the previous update.

I suspect you're correct. I think I may have only updated the US English along with the software updates back in January or whenever that was.
I went back and re-sent all the updated language cabs (up to the 8107) and that worked without any errors. I was getting the same error using the cab sender as I was getting with Zune when trying to update previously.

Then since Zune is finally reporting an update available without resorting to any tricks, I let it update.... success ! Hope that helps anyone else who may have been getting the 80180048 update error code.

files here

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
FYI to all: sitting here at work, and I got the notice on the update!!! So I will be able to upload it nice and legal when I get home. Keep an eye open for it, it should be coming to a Focus S near you soon....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39