Micro SD successes - 3 weeks or more

Vankade

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Day 1 with a patriot 16gb microsd. So far so good.... I have over 10gb of music on it now. everything seems to be running fine. I went with Patriot because the price was much cheaper ($30) and if it didn't work out, I could just take it back to Tiger Direct store.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using one of Sandisk's "Certified" (since they pulled the list) 16GB Class 4 Micro SD card. Going on a week now (I installed Nodo after I got my phone Friday then put in the card and reset the phone afterwards) and it's working like a dream I havn't noticed any problems at all.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the SanDisk microSDHC_16GB (SDSDQY-016G-A11M) from Amazon.com for like $19 US.

While it is only a class 2 card, it works perfectly. In fact, the class and speed rating mean absolutely nothing in our phone. Those speed tests are done doing sequential data reading/writing test. The way they work in the phone, that does not mean all that much. The problem the SD cards have is with the speed of random accessing of data, and the class rating does not take that into account. The class is irrelevant. And everybody saying I have an "Manufacture Xgb class #" means nothing, each manufacture has 50000000 different SD cards with those class numbers and sizes.....

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems since I updated to NoDo... I had the terrible random reboot problem pre-NoDo with my 32GB cards, but now they're working fine... still keeping my fingers crossed though, just in case.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a brain fart and realized my old Moto Droid came with a 16gb SD card. I've had it in for 2 weeks with 10gb used and so far no issues.

Too bad I realized my old Moto Droid had a SD card 2 days after I went online and bought one :(

Vankade

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a brain fart and realized my old Moto Droid came with a 16gb SD card. I've had it in for 2 weeks with 10gb used and so far no issues.

Too bad I realized my old Moto Droid had a SD card 2 days after I went online and bought one :(

Haha awesome stuff. :p

So far my patriot class 4 16gb is working well. I've noticed some choppiness at times, not sure if thats the card though.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
not at 3 weeks yet... but I am at 15 days...

This is actually a class 4 SDHC, not a class 2 as stated.

I did a triple format of the device and card AFTER I had the No-Do update applied. No issues whatsoever.

Now, before the No-Do update, the card was never working how it should have. Rebooting constantly, media disappearing from the device (I'd have to reboot to have everything come back.) Just horrible issues in general. Granted, this could have been traced back to the Rev. 1.4 issues...

but since I got a new version of the Focus, Rev. 1.3, and No-Do, AND the triple format of the SDHC (I read somewhere, not sure where, and I don't know why, but a triple format did wonders!), my phone is running perfectly... (((knocks on wood)))

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
SanDisk 32GB Class 4, going on week 3 (or 4, i forget) with 11gb free. I am also on NoDo (it was already installed on the phone when i installed the card for the first time)

no problems as of yet, the only thing i've noticed is sometimes games or apps take a little while to install after the download is done, but i never used my phone without the card, so i don't know if it's normal (it does seem fairly normal to me)

otherwise, working great! (knock on wood)

:D

ChocolateDiamond

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am so afraid to put my memory card from my BlackBerry in my Samsung focus I wish someone would tell me if its ok to do that or will it erase things off my WP7 Plz reply if you already had your memory card on another device & put it in your WP7/Samsung focus. Thanx :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am so afraid to put my memory card from my BlackBerry in my Samsung focus I wish someone would tell me if its ok to do that or will it erase things off my WP7 Plz reply if you already had your memory card on another device & put it in your WP7/Samsung focus. Thanx :)
Any memory card you put in a WP7 device will not be recognized (read) until you perform a hard reset of your phone, which will format and encrypt the card, easing everything on it. Transfer what you want from the card to a PC, and then after installing/reformatting on your phone, use Zune to transfer your music, photos and video. If the stuff on your card is anything else, you can't read it on you phone anyway.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jayman713

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
1 week and going strong!

I have had the Focus since December and have been waiting for "approved" micro sd cards. I had tried 2 different cards purchased off of ebay and they were both counterfeit and crashed the phone. I have read many opinions and experiences from blogs all over the internet and decided to take that knowledge and buy a 32 gb micro sd card.

After installing I did the reformat twice (read somewhere that helps). I now have a total of 37 gb of usable space. I have about 28 gb of music, 3 gb of pictures, movies, and apps loaded on the phone (definitely using the card) . I have turned the phone on and off many times every day and swapped batteries, many users reported that this is when they had problems, when the phone comes back on data is gone and memory is gone. Not so with this card, everything is working great, no change in speed of downloads or games loading, music is always there and sounds great. 1 week and going strong!

I purchased the card off of Amazon from BlueProton who is a certified SanDisk dealer. It is a SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package). There is not a class rating on the card (class does not matter in this case).

I hope this helps.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nodo was supposed to finally put "actual" support for the SD cards right?

I have reviewed a post on this topic @XDA-dev forums....Wish I could get to the exact post but it is on the SD card thread for the Focus...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1043537

Persoanlly, I have had no issues with the Patriot Signature Line 16GB Class 4 card from day one...Model: PSF16GMCSDHC43P (from Paul Thurott Windows Phone Secrets Blog.)

No random reboots, performance issues, and have loaded up music, podcasts (over the internal 8GB memory.)

Last edited:

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the issues with the cards are related to the Harware version. If Version 1.4 is having problems with the NODO update, I wonder they are having problems with the additional memory.

I have a ver 1.4 phone. It is filled with music so I really need to add a memory card, but I am guessing that it won't work.

Can anyone confirm that they have added a memory card to their ver 1.4 Focus?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon