Best focus case in at&t stores

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used 2 of the cases and examined the third; my opinion is that none of them are worthy of $30. The body glove case covers the power and camera buttons making them difficult to push and, worse, turns the phone off randomly. The red and black case is, well, red. The incipio case doesn't give any protection for the top, or bottom. Also, since the edges don't sit higher than the screen, if you drop it screen down the screen will get scratched. Obviously a screen protector would help that problem, but the top and bottom are still completely exposed.
Slim pickings in the case department at this time. I would think the best solution would be the body glove case with the camera and power spaces cut out, I've seen a few threads with that done.

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the Red and black case mate case. It is very similar to the "Speck" cases for Iphones and it does a pretty good job of protecting the phone.

If you are not into the red and black thing, the pickings are slim as Jmerrey said

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting the incipio feather case. the exposed top and bottom arent a big deal. I actually prefer that, its a great case.

i also have the incipio. i like it except the first time it fell, it landed on the exposed bottom and chipped the paint. this from about 18 inches above the ground. worthless IMO. the only benefits of it are 1. if you get lucky for it to fall on the actual case (0 for 1 for me), or 2. just to make it a bit grippier to handle than without a case at all.

jessiethe3rd

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Body Glove has been fixed...

The Bodyglove has improved - they finally cut out the holes on the side so no problems with button presses. I love the thing... it looks good and gives pretty solid protection.

Just picked one up at the AT&T store this weekend... looked different... it certainly is.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the body glove case but I hated it, because the case made using the side buttons almost too impossible (or too possible when you didn't want to).

I ended up getting the body kit for the Focus from Skinomi. Love it. Awesome.

tuffluck

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
well i have the incipio case and i'm changing my opinion of it as every passing day goes by. first i dropped my phone from 1 foot off the ground and it fell on one of the many places the case does not protect and scratched the paint off of the phone. then this weekend it randomly cracked near the volume button, and then for kicks the paint has started to flake off of it. for $30 it is pretty pathetic.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The Bodyglove has improved - they finally cut out the holes on the side so no problems with button presses. I love the thing... it looks good and gives pretty solid protection.

Just picked one up at the AT&T store this weekend... looked different... it certainly is.

fyi, this is true! amongst the bodyglove cases on the at&t rack with covered up holes, there was one with open holes. same name, same box, same everything, except the holes!

thndrkat

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
FYI-the Seidio Innocase Surface (black) is now available via their online store:

seidioonline.com

I've owned four different cases from Seidio (BB8320(two of them), BB8900, and BB9700), and they've been by far the best cases I've used (compared to other t-mobile cases, hard and rubber sleeve). The Seidio cases may be a little more expensive, but they are among the top of the line.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
seriously , ever sints my last 3 phones ( htc Diamond / Diamond pro / Omnia 2 ) and now the focus i find them WAY to prety to put a case ont hem , hehe

that ruber case is cool doh , if it was ALL black.

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have read that the screen is pretty scratch resistant with the whole "gorilla glass" being on there. But how about the housing? I am pretty careful with my phones (try not to stick them in the same pocket as my keys, loose change etc) So if a guy were to put a screen protector on there is the housing durable or does it scratch pretty easy?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ive droped my focus a bunch of times and i put it in my pocket with my keys LOL!!

the screen has MINOR scrashes on it , barely see it but a screen protector would be ncie. the Housing it self is MINT Condition.

commishbob

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
FYI-the Seidio Innocase Surface (black) is now available via their online store:

seidioonline.com

I've owned four different cases from Seidio (BB8320(two of them), BB8900, and BB9700), and they've been by far the best cases I've used (compared to other t-mobile cases, hard and rubber sleeve). The Seidio cases may be a little more expensive, but they are among the top of the line.

My Seidio came today and I am pretty unimpressed. The case snaps together but won't stay snapped. I carry my phone in my pocket and the case comes apart when the phone's in there.

The holster is pretty nice and holds my phone in the Body Glove I'm going back to.

bryant.burkhart

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Amzer Smoke Argyle case

I bought the Amzer Smoke Argyle case on Amazon for $10. It's a sold, flexible, but stable plastic case (TPU) that covers all edges of the case. It's apparently similar to the infamous Body Glove case, but yet doesn't suck. It does cover the buttons, but it isn't so tight that it causes misfires. Pressing the buttons requires a little extra effort, but it is insurance against pocket photos and busting your eardrums. Also, there are bumps over the buttons so you can feel them by running your finger up the sides.

It fits the phone very well and there is no chance of it coming off in your pocket or bag. The TPU gives the phone a grip so it's a lot easier to hold on to. Without the case, I was always afraid of dropping the phone or it slipping out of my hands. Now, I'm not. The case adds... maybe a millimeter to all dimensions of the phone, so it doesn't bulk the phone up unreasonably. In fact, I've found that the extra thickness also helps make the phone easier to hold onto. Before, it was just... too thin.

Finally,the design. It's a translucent gray except for the frosted argyle pattern. It can either be tacky or great, depending upon your perspective. I like it, I think it looks classy.

Finally, my one complaint, which is actually a backhanded compliment. There's a little ridge (like 1mm high) that runs around the outside of the phone and holds the screen off a table when you set it down face down. Well, it digs into my ear when I'm calling people. Honestly, not too big a deal. The speaker is loud enough that I shouldn't be trying to install my phone IN the side of my face.

It's a great case. Buy it.

That's about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon